Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Newcomers DBPro Corner / Loading bitmaps

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
So I got DarkBASIC Professional for X-mas. And I find some bitmaps in
C:\Program Files\Dark Basic Software\Dark Basic Professional\Media\Bitmaps.
And then i try to load one by typing
LOAD BITMAP "FILENAME.BMP"
and it just comes up with this error window that says
"could not load bitmap at line 1"
WHAT AM I DOING WRONG???!!!
TDK
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Dec 2006 02:41 Edited at: 29th Dec 2006 02:43
Press F1 in the DB editor and you'll get the help files.

If the .bmp file is in the same directory as your program, then you can use what you put. If as you say it's in C:\Program Files\Dark Basic Software\Dark Basic Professional\Media\Bitmaps then you have to either copy the bmp into your project directory or use:

Load Bitmap "C:\Program Files\Dark Basic Software\Dark Basic Professional\Media\Bitmaps\filename.bmp"

I think however that while you have the help files open you should take a look at the Load Image command because I'm pretty sure that's the command you actually need.

BMP files are bitmaps, but they are also images and you don't have to use the Load Bitmap command to load them. If you do, then you'll only have to grab them as images to use them with the other commands.

Load Image bypasses the Load Bitmap and grab stage - but the same location rules as Load Bitmap apply to Load Image.

TDK_Man

Allanon Shadeslayer
Years of Service
User Offline
Thank you so much it worked!!!

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-25 15:15:16
Your offset time is: 2024-09-25 15:15:16