Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
whats a world without pizza eh

again not fps ready.. in X and object format with texture..

here is screen.. download comming next

Attachments

Login to view attachments
Jikito
Years of Service
User Offline
now for the pizza

Attachments

FredP
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Dec 2006 09:42
If you have Magic FPS you can make your entities FPSC ready.
Just run Magic FPS and click on the import window.
Browse to wherever your .x model is located and load it and do the same with the texture.
Then take a pic (you can choose to take it with Scale Man or click on the Scale Man button to remove him from the scene.
Then just click on save and it will put your entity in the Magic FPS folder that will be inside your entitybank.
You can use enter to make the model go to the floor and their is a manual with it if you click on help to tell you what everything else does.
You ought to try out the box entity maker...It will let you use the box object template to make a texture and you can create a lot of models quickly with it.
The rock maker is pretty cool,too.

Jikito
Years of Service
User Offline
thanks fred for that info, Ill check it out.. I never realized it had an entity creator. and here I was thinking I needed to wait for Ecs pro or brave the one by TGC. Ill give them a shot
Jikito
Years of Service
User Offline
magicfps doesnt seem to work for me on making the entities fps ready. the mesh collapses badly.. and i mean kaboomy badly...

I can however get them into fpsc using the entity creator.. *shudders* its not the friendliest of little buggers to play with.

Ill mess more with it tommarrow and get these two models fpsc ready I promise..

rock creator?!! I dont have a rock creator with my MFPS *sobs*
FredP
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Dec 2006 12:01
I think you have to download it from his site or iit might be posted in the models and media forum.
I have had that problem with Magic FPS and it was the conversion program I was using to convert to .x.
When I exported directly from Milkshape as an .x file I had no problems.
What modeling program are you using and what are you using to convert your files to .x?
The free entity creator works but,as you pointed out,it ain't the friendliest program around.
When you get ECS Pro (you can download the lite version for freefrom his site but I can't remember whether it is fully functional or not) it will import the models for you if they are in .x format.
It is not the fault of Magic FPS that the mesh collapses with certain .x models...There are a hundred different programs and converters and a lot of them convert .x models differently.
Even though it may still be an .x file it can vary in size and information.

Jikito
Years of Service
User Offline
I tried both milkshape and ultimate unwrap for the conversion.. same thing .. both have a mesh explodey problem. It could be the that the fault is mine, considering its 3am and most old women should be in bed by now *snickers*.

I couldnt get ecs lite to work thats why i went and swallowed hard and downloaded entity creator.

no mesh explosion problem..now if i can just quit forgetting what I name my texture files when I use it *giggles*

I'll keep trying.

as far as modelling programs I am bouncing between hexagon 2.0 and silo.
FredP
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Dec 2006 12:24
When I make my models in Milkshape and then use the exporter to make it an .x file I can import them into Magic FPS.
If I save it as a Milkshape file and use Ultimate Unwrap 3D to convert to .x (which I do sometimes because I use Ultimate for UV mapping from time to time) the mesh is screwed up in Magic FPS but works in FPSC or with ECS Pro.
Then again you probably already know one click in the wrong place and it could screw everything up...
And don't feel bad...it's 6:30 a.m. here in Indiana and this old man still hasn't crawled to bed yet.

Jikito
Years of Service
User Offline
Out of the 3 choices for creating insta entities.. wich method do you find is your favorite for getting entities into game?
FredP
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Dec 2006 12:37
ECS Pro.
It's just quicker and easier.
I still use Magic FPS for stuff though.
You might also check out the program Signs IV.
You can find it at http://www.fpsconline.com.
it doesn't import entities but it lets you make segments,overlays, walls,etc. and it has some neat features and there is a free version you can check out.
Once you use ECS Pro it will be a major time saver.

WuTang
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Dec 2006 14:18
Took the liberty of making it FPSC ready for you btw its simple all you have to do is tweek an old FPI file for the model and its texture its quick easy ... and free

Attachments

Jikito
Years of Service
User Offline
thank you WU Tang, you are soo sweet.
Slayer706
Years of Service
User Offline
Wow that looks great. It blows the pizza box model I made away.... Is it free to use in anything? Thanks for the great model.
Jikito
Years of Service
User Offline
yes, its free for commercial or non commercial projects.
basically im trying to improve on modelling skills and the community gets to suffer for it.

*winks*
Joakim
Years of Service
User Offline
Thanks for the pizza box, im going to u se it in my game "Revenge of The Rose".
U will get into the list who helped me with the game if u want.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-10-01 02:36:50
Your offset time is: 2024-10-01 02:36:50