Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Newcomers DBPro Corner / weird problem with stepthrough

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
For some reason that i don't know my version of DarkBASIC Professional has this odd problem with stepthrough. I ran stepthrough once on a program and it stopped on the first line where i had written

Rem making, texturing, and positioning object

I thought that was weird because there was nothing wrong with it. it was a remark not a command. So i started a blank project and tried

Print "hi"

I tried stepthrough on that and i got the same thing. Am I doing anything wrong?
Crit
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Dec 2006 02:00 Edited at: 30th Dec 2006 02:01
Step through is used for debugging. It stops on every line. Click on the Step Program button to step to the next line. If you want it to stop on a particular line, right click that line and select toggle breakpoint. Then in Step Through mode, click on Play program. It will stop every time your program hits that line.

That said, I never use the debugger. The variable watcher doesn't work the way I would like. I find it easier to print my variables and use the wait key command wherever I need to debug.

CHESS ENCOUNTER
Demo
WIP
Allanon Shadeslayer
Years of Service
User Offline
ty very much!

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-25 15:28:30
Your offset time is: 2024-09-25 15:28:30