Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Work in Progress / Submarine Sim In DBPro - Lets Try It Again

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Dec 2006 02:25 Edited at: 30th Dec 2006 03:22
in spite of some timing isues, the latest version of DBPro seems to be working solidly enough for me to give it a try (along with a few other game engines and languages) for making this subsim i've been working on for what seems like an eternity...

actually, it was the great looking water shader that Evolved made available to the community that made me give DB another shot...

here's a lil video of some early wip stuff... the sub model is incomplete as is mostly everything else... just making sure the shader works, and the visuals (especially fog and distance) look realistic enough...

--Mike
Green Gandalf
VIP Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: Malevolence:Sword of Ahkranox, Skyrim, Civ6.
Posted: 30th Dec 2006 02:48 Edited at: 30th Dec 2006 02:50
Are these links any better?

http://home.att.net/~subbase2/DarkBASICSub2.wmv

and

Edit: Well the first is nice. Don't know what happened to the second.
Red Ocktober
Years of Service
User Offline
actually, i wanted the image to act as a link... i finally got it... momentary brain lock...

thx though...

--Mike
Agent Dink
Years of Service
User Offline
Hey Mike, looks nice! Glad to see you are giving it another go in DBP!

Sometimes the only way over a wall is to pile up enough bodies to climb over - Dave W.
MikeS
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 31st Dec 2006 19:14
Looking good Mike, be interesting to see what you put into this. Personally haven't seen many submarine games, so I'm very interested to see how it turns out. Looks like you've got the underwater atmosphere pretty well.

A book? I hate book. Book is stupid.
(Formerly Yellow)
wildbill
Years of Service
User Offline
Thats pretty cool. I'm the Technical Coordinator for a ROV (remote operated vehicle) company and always enjoy see submarines and water video. I'm working on a ROV simulator, when I'm not actually working on a ROV.
Red Ocktober
Years of Service
User Offline
thx guys for the kind words...

actually... a lot of the credit goes to Evolved and the excellent water shader he's made available... even though the water looks almost too clear to be real, it does come across pretty nice... i should be able to fix it without too much trouble... and i'll be trying to add some real wave movement as well...

mainly, i'm looking at the prospects of coding this in DBPro, inspite of the lack of OO facilities in the language (i've grown used to c++, c#,vb)... lets see what happens...

WildBill... that sounds very interesting... keep us updated on your progress with your ROV sim, would ya... i'd really like to see it in action...

--Mike
Agent Dink
Years of Service
User Offline
Hope you decide to stick with DBP for your sub sim Mike. I look forward to it more than ever with the graphical possibilities of DBP over your other engines.

Sometimes the only way over a wall is to pile up enough bodies to climb over - Dave W.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-29 18:44:39
Your offset time is: 2024-09-29 18:44:39