Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Models and Media / secret passage help

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
ok first of all i need to explain to you guys what i'm trying to do. I want to be able to walk up to a wall, and have it split in half and open. It's similar to the first level Dark Faction were you walk up to the bed and push enter and it reveals a secret stair case. Ok so i attepted to do this on my own. Fist i imported the Bunker radio room top wall segment into blender, and then exported it as a 3ds file. Then i imported the segment into 3ds max. In 3ds max i cut it in half so it was 2 seprate pecies and then shelled each side so it would look solid when it opened up. Then i animated it so it started solid and then split sideways. Ok then i thought it was done so i exported it as a x file and made a fpe for it. I put it in fpsc and gave it the dooruse script and then hit testgame. When i got to test game the wall was solid but when i hit enter the segment didn't move but i was able to walk right throught the wall. Can anyone help me out here?
-Bobmomento

"Sharp like blades"
Locrian
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Dec 2006 18:57
Sounds like you have no collisions set up for the walking thru part. If your using the door scripts have you set the wall up to act exactly like a door. Say 15 frames for open /15 for closing? Also are these open and close animations listed in your fpe? You've given us very little to go on , on the fpsc side of how you set things up. Perhaps some more info would help us.

Good luck
Loc
bob momento
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Dec 2006 19:13 Edited at: 30th Dec 2006 19:31
so you want me to upload the max file so you can see?
Edit: I uploaded it anyways.
-Bobmomento

"Sharp like blades"

Attachments

Login to view attachments
Locrian
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Dec 2006 19:49 Edited at: 30th Dec 2006 19:54
Well the max file is fine but I'm more interested in the fpsc files to see how you have all set up.

And I'm betting your using max 9 cause I'm unable to open the file. The most important deal is the FPSC files. I have a script I use for testing that allows me to control animations ingame. Basically so I can see if your animations are making it to the X file.

Perhaps send them to my email so there not public unless you mnd giving them away, but make sure and post that you sent them because the email listed is more of a spider bot catch all, so I don't list my real email in a public forum(I hate spam).
bob momento
Years of Service
User Offline
ok here are the files for fpsc. Also just so you know the texture is off and idk how to fix that either lol.
-Bobmomento

"Sharp like blades"

Attachments

Login to view attachments
Urlforce Studios
Years of Service
User Offline
Bob easier than that, just have the entity rotate when you hit enter. Don't animate it in a 3d modeler, make a script using the rotatey=x function.

He said, "You drink when you're lonely." No I drink when I want!
He said, "You'll never be sober." Sure. Why would I want that?
bob momento
Years of Service
User Offline
Ya if that does work idk how to do it, here is my attempt at a script. Also i think it would be cooler to have it split in half but if that doesn't work i'll try this instead.

"Sharp like blades"
Locrian
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 31st Dec 2006 18:31
Bob, I had all kinda stuff to do yesterday and wasnt around but I'm downloading this now and I'll let ya know my progress.

Loc
Locrian
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 31st Dec 2006 19:09 Edited at: 31st Dec 2006 19:11
Ok,
Looking at this and theres a lot of problems. When I first put it in FPSC, first off it was on its side.

When I walked up to look at it I seen that the texture tiled it self like thousands of times.

So I opened it up in max. First off theres 2 copies of the same wall one on top of another. The point of origin for the wall to swing properly would also be in the wrong place.

And finally I applied a UVUnwrap on it to look at your mapping and the majority of the wall is out side the bounds of the map. The map in Max is anything inside the dark blue thicker lines thats inside the checker board section when you first open up the UV mapper.

The animations wouldn't play in fpsc but really before you worry about that you have a whole slew of problems to fix before it's even worth someones time to help you figure out why the animations arent playing. I also see you tried 30 frames(probably so you could mimic the door) but Id sugest going alot more frames when this is finally figured out, so it will give the door weight and size. You wouldn't swing open a wall panel of this size with the same force and speed you would a door.

Good luck
Loc
bob momento
Years of Service
User Offline
I have no idea how to fix this
-Bobmomento

"Sharp like blades"

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-10-01 02:41:14
Your offset time is: 2024-10-01 02:41:14