Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Newcomers DBPro Corner / 3d dbp help progs won't run

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Dec 2006 17:30
I am trying to get to grips with 3D in Dark Basic Pro. The help file (View Usage Example) for the TRANSPOSE MATRIX4 command is 3Dmaths2-example.dba.dbpro. It doesn't work though, just flashes when I use F5, and goes back to the code without any explanatory message.
2 questions a) why? and b) why can't I find the .exe file anywhere on my hard drive? The usage project 3Dmaths2-example.dba.dbprorunsOK but again I cannot find the .exe!
Any of my own progs show the .exe file when I F5 them.
Any help would be appreciated.
GMan
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Dec 2006 19:06 Edited at: 30th Dec 2006 19:07
The reason the program doesn't appear to do anything is:

1. Whenever a program goes to the end of the code it automatically exits. You will notice that there is no wait commands or loops, so all the code simply executes and the program ends. If you want the program to remain running, add a "wait key" command at the end of the code.

2. The reason you don't see anything on the screen, is because there is no commands to display anything to the screen, which makes adding the "wait key" command (above) pointless because you won't see anything anyway.

most of the code examples that go with the commands in DBPro, aren't actually meant to be executed. They are there to show you how to use the commands, (i.e. They are there for you to look at the source code, and learn from IT, not from the program that is generated.)

WHY YOU CAN'T FIND .EXE
When you load that code into the editor, it isn't an actual PROJECT, so the .exe isn't saved to the folder where you find the code. The .exe should be located in your "Dark Basic ProfessionalTEMP" folder.

The right man in the wrong place can make all the difference in the world.
jayell leedham
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Dec 2006 20:26
Brilliant. Thanks a lot.
No wonder I could not find the .exe - it was called temp.exe!

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-25 15:23:59
Your offset time is: 2024-09-25 15:23:59