Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
i had recently learned some basics in C++ and i was really liking the "class" concept how do i do those kinds of things in DBPro?

Deep, into that darkness peering, long i stood there, wondering, fearing, doubting. -Edgar Allen Poe
SimSmall
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Jan 2007 22:41 Edited at: 1st Jan 2007 22:42
I don't think you can...
Zotoaster
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Jan 2007 23:42
SimSmall's right. You unfortunatelly can't do them. You can buy the DarkGame SDK, so you can use the DBPro commands in C++.

mo2970
Years of Service
User Offline
oh ok thank you

Deep, into that darkness peering, long i stood there, wondering, fearing, doubting. -Edgar Allen Poe
CattleRustler
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Jan 2007 00:49
use dgdk or dgdk.net for object oriented programming with DBP core

dononeton
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Jan 2007 02:33 Edited at: 2nd Jan 2007 02:39
How hard would it be for someone to learn DGDK or DGDK.net coming from the DBPro world? Reason I am asking because I bought DBPro to learn how to program in hoping to take those skills to the next stage, DGDK or DGDK.net. I understand it is how much I know and how much effort I put in to it. Can I use the same command in DBPro in DGDK or DGDK.net?Its going to be a while before I move up. I am still learning DBPro
CattleRustler
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Jan 2007 03:11
The commands are nearly identical in naming so if you know your way around in dbp its not a big leap at all in that regard. What is the big leap is moving from dbp's procedural basic structure and syntax to a standard OOP language like C++, C#, or VB.NET. If the time comes and your ready to move to the next level in your coding, and you have no oop experience, I would suggest giving VB.NET a serious look. Of the 3 langs mentioned above, its going to have the friendliest syntax, but it does not sacrifice one bit on the power. C# and VB.NET are identical minus the syntax, C++ is a bit harder and more cryptic in its syntax. If you want to learn DX programming (without any dgdk) you can still use .NET or C++, but that will be the longest road of them all. It depends on what you want invest in learning, time-wise.

dononeton
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Jan 2007 03:41
@CattleRustler

Before I came to the Dark side I was using Torque SDK man that was hard for a noob, really a disaster. Then I bought DBPro and I was able to do things insead for making compile errors.I am glad to hear there is growth here. Hopefully DGDK and DGDK.net gets the DX10 treament and mabe then I ill move up

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-25 15:18:51
Your offset time is: 2024-09-25 15:18:51