Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Work in Progress / Celestial Artist - source included

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
I'd like to present to you, Celestial Artist.

Not a game as much as it is a great waste of time.

Perhaps in the end, a very customizable screensaver?

Anyway, I would like to see other community members perhaps share some ideas for improvment, additions, or even variations. I consider this a work in progress for its not as finished as I would like, but it is very functional.

What it does:

Celestial Artist allows the aspiring ...erm...celestial artist to create star formations. These formation are essentially consetllations, with connecting lines (chasers) and all. The artist can set the chaser to cycle through the star connections by their creation order, or they can set it to be a constant connection (line) between all the stars, thereby creating spectacular (?) three dimensional constellations.

Here be some screens:

I've included the source code, so anyone interested can perhaps improve or add onto this. I would like to see what other people come up with.

A Quick Note:

Try setting the chaser duration to 0 (left arrow key). This will create a constant line between the stars.

The RMB manually controls the angle of the camera.

Pressing the R key to reset the starfield causes it to explode in a spectacular fashion.

Check out the readme.txt for a bit more info and future improvements.

Attachments

Login to view attachments
Zotoaster
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Jan 2007 21:16
Nice idea, and well pulled off

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-29 18:34:41
Your offset time is: 2024-09-29 18:34:41