Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Newcomers DBPro Corner / list arrays?how do they work?

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st May 2003 01:15
I just migrated from Db to Pro and I was planning to use the new (not so new anymore ) array types, the list array in particular but I did not understand the help on that item could anyone point me a tutorial/site/anything that might help... this would really improve my a-star tile based pathfinding function.
thanks
IanM
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st May 2003 02:27
List array? I don't know what that is.

DBPro has standard arrays, queues and stacks. Did you mean one of these?
Proteus
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st May 2003 02:54
Sorry I ment these:
Quote: "
LISTS
Similar to an array, a list can expand and shrink based on the number of items contained. A list can
theoretically have no items of data contained within. In contrast, it can store as much data as your
memory availability allows. Accessing data through lists allows faster access than arrays in that there is no
need to skip redundant items within the data. Items added and removed from a list are done so efficiently,
removing the need for large clunky array sorting. You can also traverse a list without the need to know its
size.
"

IanM
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st May 2003 20:37
Yes, you can access arrays in that way, although they are not technically list's. You use the 'array index' commands to do this.

I'm gonna have to give you a choice now - either wait for me to find time to give example of the many ways to use the array commands, or try some of the commands out yourself, but beware, some of the commands are buggy and will trash your arrays.

Sorry, but I'm juggling a lot of different things at the moment [b])
Proteus
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st May 2003 22:23
cool i`ll try them out and if you could help me out latter i`d appreciate it thanks

IanM
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd May 2003 00:46
No problem

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-20 07:40:30
Your offset time is: 2024-09-20 07:40:30