Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Newcomers DBPro Corner / The Dream Game Maker?

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
I know you probley get alot of questions like this on here...but...

I want to make my "dream game"(like everone else on here)...I want to make a game like The Sims, Runscape, and Guild wars just that you play as an animal not a human...but I don't know where to start?

Do I make 3D models of everything?...Objects/Backgrounds/etc? and how do I make them...is there a program out there?

Then What?

Do I start scripting? I don't know a thing about scripting...where should I start? Is there a program that can do that for me? Like I can drag an drop my 3D models and pick oprions on what I want them to do and the program will script them?...or do I have to learn how to script? is there a website or someplace where I can search for scripts and copy and paste the in? is there a way I can preview the script to make sure it works?(is it sorta like HTML, CSS,Java?)

Then what?

Test the game? how do I see what the game will look like so I can check for bugs and errors?..

Then what?

How do I get the game on the web? make a website?....I can do that...but how do I add the game?...just put the script with the HTML?...

I'm not makeing my "dream game" to make money....just to be able to play it...and be the owner...

Is there a program that can do all that? can Dark Basic Professional do it? is there add ons to Dark Basic Professional that do all this? I don't care about the costs...I just want the easist way to make my "dream game" and I know game making takes time...and i'm will to work on it for a few years...but I don't want to be 100 when I finished making it...
Gil Galvanti
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Jan 2007 01:58
Read this, I wrote it a while ago, it may help, it may not, if you have questions after it, just ask .
http://forum.thegamecreators.com/?m=forum_view&t=89180&b=7

Pirates of Port Royale
Live the life of a pirate.
Midnight
Years of Service
User Offline
Thank you...I read the whole thing! X_x...it helped alot...

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-25 15:29:18
Your offset time is: 2024-09-25 15:29:18