Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Models and Media / Breaking Boards (Model Pack 3)

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Jan 2007 02:53 Edited at: 8th Jan 2007 02:53
Well, I felt like making some little nicknacks for one of my games, and I ended up making this. Loc's is a bit better - mine appears already partly broken before you shoot it even though it's not supposed to be. But I'm pretty satisfied with it so I thought I'd show it off

EDIT: Of course, the crack they start with could be a sort of hint for the player to break them...so I'm not going to worry about it.

Attachments

Login to view attachments
Locrian
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Jan 2007 03:06
I think they turned out great man...Good job

Loc
Airslide
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Jan 2007 03:19 Edited at: 8th Jan 2007 03:21
Thanks

The upper board is actually a seperate object, because the lower one was designed to hit the floor and fall over. The upper one should do so also, though it seems to fade out too soon, but I can use it for higher boards too that way so I don't mind.

EDIT: BTW Loc, how did you do the collision for yours? For mine it acted as if the boards were on the floor. I had to make an invisible wall that has to receive two activations to destroy (after both boards are destroyed). It works fine, but makes it a bit harder to setup.

Locrian
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Jan 2007 03:38
Dude I know you give me all the credit, but you gotta remember S4 works with me also. All I did was animate the m3 boards breaking and falling to the ground. I didn't set up any special wall. S4 got it to work "in-game". I don't know what S4 dose half the time as I don't really care.
Him and I come to an agreement about what we want to accomplish, then I do my best to accomodate what he may need. At times I have to revamp models for a particular thing....It's all just a part of the machince man and I don't ask how he gets things to work and he don't ask me how I texture and animate. We're not really interested in how each others job functions, as much as making a decent game. The only thing we do know is one or the other of us is holding up the pipeline taking to long on something.

Sorry I couldn't be of much help
Loc.
Airslide
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Jan 2007 04:02
Ah, well then maybe S4 will come by an anwser. Sorry, it's just that you post it and even when you mention him I tend to forget.

Butter fingers
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Jan 2007 15:27
I've been doing something like this with doors. You can use the debris function to break the boards, as opposed to an animation, it's more reliable, and allows you the option of collision..

Sorry I can't be more help either Airslide, but some of this concept is for my Nvidia...

Airslide
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Jan 2007 16:00
But I thought debris didn't work on immobile objects?

miceman
Years of Service
User Offline
Airslide i was wondering if u could animate my model (first time) and fix it up a bit and maybe hands im still working on some more but its good start

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-10-01 02:39:16
Your offset time is: 2024-10-01 02:39:16