Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Jan 2007 13:54 Edited at: 8th Jan 2007 13:58
Me again!

Ok, for all you people who read the long bit of text at the start.... I went out recently to an abandonned industrial estate with my digital camera and snapped a whole bunch of stuff from tiles to rust. Spent a bunch of time in photoshop creating new segments and entities, and messing around with effects like blood, or slime drips etc!

Anyway, this is the fruit of my labour! it's like 80% custom stuff, even down to making a new staricase. I'm pretty pleased with the wall textures, created from a composite of 3 images. Check it out watch the vid and leave me some comments.

Important. This is here and not in showcase as this level is not "for" anything. I don't want to showoff the level as much as the media within it... thinking a meat factory pack would be quite cool for all you gore-lovers out there.

oh yeah and theres a video with a walkthrough of the whole level and some really freaky creatures attached.

(kudos to Rolfy for the creature model. texture and script work on the monsters by Butters)

Attachments

Login to view attachments
Luke314pi
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Jan 2007 14:20
I always keep my digital camera with me in case opportunities like this come up. Those textures look really nice. I am downloading the video now.

JohannesM
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Jan 2007 14:51 Edited at: 8th Jan 2007 15:00
For a meat facctory it looks very exaggerted, but I LOOOVVVEEEE those custom textures!!! Wish I could go somewere to get these kinda textures .

Gonna check the vid.

Edit: Great vid! 10/10 for scenery!

www.freewebs.com/supahsfpscstuff THE FORUM IS UP! JOIN NOW AND GET UNREALEASED MODEL PACK! Space open for first 3 joiners.
rolfy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Jan 2007 15:00 Edited at: 8th Jan 2007 15:12
Butters,that is so cool,love the texturing.
Heres just the right character for this.

Butter fingers
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Jan 2007 15:22
rolfy. I want to make sweet sweet geek love to you.

I have some very important info for you... and a wicked script for the pitcrawler. Speaking of which, I don't want to be really rude, as the pitcrawler is far better than any monster I've made, but... is there any chance I could get the model in .obj? I wouldn't mind re-doing the UV for you, It's just that at the moment the Face part of the UV is mirrored and slightly distorted.

I would be OH SO HAPPY to put that fat guy into the level..oh wait... that must be the "fat" character that you were taking about before. that had issues with his "flab bones" Be in touch man, I have some stuff I'd love to talk about...
Quote: "
I always keep my digital camera with me in case opportunities like this come up. Those textures look really nice"

Thanks man. It was pretty cool. I got home with about 100 pics, and then spent a blissful sunday making grungy composites on the plain tiles..

Quote: "For a meat facctory it looks very exaggerted, but I LOOOVVVEEEE those custom textures!!! Wish I could go somewere to get these kinda textures"

Thanks. I think it's like anything. I wanted to make sure that when you saw it you were like "oh I'm in a factory", but then to emphasise all the nasty bits. It actually takes a while for you to reach the real bloody bit, you have to go through "storage" and freezers first (for some reason I couldn't link those from my site?)

I think you've just gotta keep your eyes open. I've been really lucky recently, I know a few skateboarders who go hunting for derelict factories to skate in when it rains, I go along shoot some footage and get a whole bunch of textures at the same time....

Please keep the comments and crit coming, I'm really proud of this level, but I'd still like to know what people think!

butters

Roger Wilco
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Jan 2007 15:36
That video is way past wicked. For once, I actually felt this scary tension running through my body by just looking at the video. Great job!

"Or perhaps we're just one of god's little jokes?"
Urlforce Studios
Years of Service
User Offline
Looks great! Now all you need is a few undead cows running around...

He said, "You drink when you're lonely." No I drink when I want!
He said, "You'll never be sober." Sure. Why would I want that?
Linik
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Jan 2007 15:45
this is going to give the fall of the fireflys a more F.E.A.R. style, do you have parts where pictures pop up to scare the crap out of people?

it would at this level for sure

www.futurecast.co.nr
we know the true meaning of old style games!
rolfy
Years of Service
User Offline
This character isn't one of mine Butters,but I could create one based on this if you really wanted it.I was just experimenting with him to see if the extra bones would export with animation into FPSC.
I will be in touch soon,its just that I have to deal with some really bad things happening just now so I wont be around much for a short while.
Linik
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Jan 2007 16:06
hehe, can you beat up the meat? then you could recreate rockey 2 on the FPS creator

www.futurecast.co.nr
Linik
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Jan 2007 16:26
EDIT: sorry for the double post but i just noticed the meat man, he looks really cool.

all he really wants is a friend

www.futurecast.co.nr
CLiPs
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Jan 2007 17:43
Quote: "EDIT: sorry for the double post but i just noticed the meat man, he looks really cool."

You typed Edit try pressing the edit key on the left hand side of your post....

@ Butter's as usual high quality and very creative. What a wonderful delight to see how you push the level of the bar on how well FPSC will work. AS always I like seeing your work and what inspiration you are to the rest of us. Keep up the excellent work there Butter's

Have you downloaded your CLiPs today.
SpyDaniel
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Jan 2007 17:58
I liked this stuff butters, it reminds me of postal 2, when your inside butcher factory.

But I kind of wondering why you never got back to me, at all. I'm sure I mailed you about 3 times, but I had no reply from you. It kind of seems what friendship we had, has faded away with loss of contact.
Locrian
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Jan 2007 18:12
Great looking Vid Butter. Love the concept, and nice custom media.

Best on this, I'm loving it.
Loc
filya
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Jan 2007 19:01
ha ha Butters this was outstanding! Excellent textures and should I say, a BLOODY good map design

Very well done...especially the video

-- game dev is fun...but taking up too much time --
WuTang
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Jan 2007 19:13
Really sweet loving the broken stairs and the chubby blood covered fella looks like a beast V.nice rolfy

RockStizzar
Years of Service
User Offline
nice job, reminds me of the butcher level in Hitman: Contracts. A meat hook weapon pickup would go great in that setting too

Mr Love
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: MAFIA 2
Posted: 9th Jan 2007 14:33
Nice Job Butters!!

I want to see a FPSC Professional! And lets make it REALLY expensive this time......
small fish
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Jan 2007 16:08 Edited at: 9th Jan 2007 16:09
Oh you walk around England with digital camera too of cause the only difference is your game probably ends up being 10 time better sigh

The world is complicated only people are simple
AlanC
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Jan 2007 19:22
Very good job

Butter fingers
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Jan 2007 23:42
Quote: "That video is way past wicked. For once, I actually felt this scary tension running through my body by just looking at the video. Great job!"

thanks man. the first time a mutilated pit crawler drops out of a vent shaft in front of you, you will poop yourself.
do you have parts where pictures pop up to scare the crap out of people?"

not exactly. there's maya rendered video and actual footage that cut in at various points to forward the story.
This character isn't one of mine Butters,but I could create one based on this if you really wanted it"

That would be amazing if you would. I would be prepared to texture/UV map it, if you put in the rest of the work. Could make it a free-to-the-community-collaboration! Just one question though... if it's not your model... where's it from and does it have a

Quote: "What a wonderful delight to see how you push the level of the bar on how well FPSC will work. AS always I like seeing your work and what inspiration you are to the rest of uslicence?!"

Thanks man. That made my head go HUUUUUUUUUGGGGEEE!
Not really. I've got some pretty effective ways of optimising the engine. With empty's mod this level runs at a consistent 32-40 FPS. I put in 1 dynamic light and it dropped to 13fps...yikes!

I'm glad you've noticed an improvement (pushing the bar) in my work. I feel this is genuinely the best work I've done. There's alot of stuff in this level I haven't shown, hence the flythrough video. Suffice it to say that the creatures wander around the level, eat meat when the see it, and all sorts of really cool AI. I'm thinking of making a game with no human enemies, as it's much much easier to write effective AI for non-human characters.

Quote: "I liked this stuff butters, it reminds me of postal 2, when your inside butcher factory."

Thanks man. I took influence from alot of stuff, that being one of them. I kind of hate referencing other games, as it means there's no true innovation, you know, every meat factory level EVER has a scary fat butcher etc. This level I feel is more original, but we'll see.

I'm sorry for not being in touch too. I kinda thought you'd quit the forums, as you hadn't been around for ages. That and the fact I've been trying to improve my own modelling skills, so as not to rely so much on others. But seriously man, I'm sorry if I offended you. Hey after the Nvidia comp is over and I can think again, I'll get back in touch.

Quote: "Great looking Vid Butter. Love the concept, and nice custom media.

Best on this, I'm loving it."

Cheers Loc, always good to know that there's love from the elite! I hope sinnin soul is going well, I'd be happy to offer some help (i think working with the dynamic duo of you and S4, we could make some really wicked stuff), but it looks like you and S4 have things (excuse the pun) on Lock!

Quote: "A meat hook weapon pickup"

done. (lets rip some faces)

Quote: "Oh you walk around England with digital camera too"

London has some horrible grimy places to get good grunge textures. I kind of see texture finding as a bit like graffiti, sometimes you may have to climb/wriggle your way over/under a chainlink fence or two to get that rust texture you've always wanted!*

Thanks for the comments people

Turns out this level just fits within the 15x15x5 limit for Nvidia, so I'm gonna enter this as well... franticly trying to shoot/edit the video for the story bits. Keep the crit coming!
Peas.
butters

*I in no way condone breaking and entering into private property to get photos.

The paradox
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Jan 2007 23:59
OMG that is awsome Butters howd u get the textures to work i tryed to make textures like urs but it didnt work?

Very awsome man
-what ever my name is-

(\__/)
(O.o )
(> < ) join the dark side .....we have cookies!
The paradox
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Jan 2007 00:01
when i saw tht video i thought i pissed myself that was pretty creepy

(\__/)
(O.o )
(> < ) join the dark side .....we have cookies!
Reality Forgotten
FPSC Reloaded TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Jan 2007 00:23
Butters,

Once again man you produce an awsome download for the community. I would vote you for mayor of TGC land!

Regards,
RF

Reality Forgotten Dev Forums
In my case, you know, I hate to advocate drugs or liquor, violence, insanity to anyone. But in my case it's worked.
Bloodeath 6 6 6
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Jan 2007 01:35
Looks bloody amazing i would so love to get that

You'll Know When You See It.

Death has no end
RockStizzar
Years of Service
User Offline
this would be a great pack if u release it *crosses fingers*

Mr Love
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: MAFIA 2
Posted: 10th Jan 2007 03:04
I love the enemy & animation.. Is the animation free in public, or is it Your private media?? The enemy seems cool, but You cant really see exactly what kind of beast it is.. (To Me it looks like Gollum! LOL!!)

I want to see a FPSC Professional! And lets make it REALLY expensive this time......
Linik
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Jan 2007 16:38
it is so realistic how you made the monster eating some meat, that is some great AI

www.futurecast.co.nr
Venge
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Jan 2007 22:07
great vid.
you might want to try a slight variation on the hanging meat textures.
I mean make them slightly different from each other so it doesn't look like animal cloning

Beer kills brain cells? that's crazy talk.
Now lets go back to that...building...thingy...
where our beds and tv....is.
Gamz
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Jan 2007 00:41
I knew it! I knew meat was made in factories! From cows eh? I never bought that one!

Heh heh, nice work Butters.

I am a manifestation of your subconscious.
filya
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Jan 2007 01:02
Quote: "I knew it! I knew meat was made in factories! From cows eh? I never bought that one! "

nice one

-- game dev is fun...but taking up too much time --
Phlum
Years of Service
User Offline
Fantastic man, I can't think of all the good words for you too much radiation I think. Anyway uber terrific, you are my hero!!

You my friend...
Phlumetoid

[center]
Pertti
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Jan 2007 22:18
This is awesome! I loved the creature,
really creepy.

P.S: I like the music in your videos, do you make them yourself?
Elite Game Productions
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Feb 2007 00:46
good work, post a download link so i can use it lol

Yeah, this is actually a company.

Attachments

Login to view attachments

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-10-01 05:15:51
Your offset time is: 2024-10-01 05:15:51