Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Newcomers DBPro Corner / set object texture, can you help me

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Jan 2007 01:19
Hi, I`m working with terrains. I use terrains generated with heigthmaps, with two textures, one is for detail, works fine but I don`t know how and why. I read the hel but I donĀ“t understand any options (Stage Number, texturing mode and Mipmap Flag). Anybody can explain for these options? Thanks
Aaron Miller
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: osu!
Posted: 13th Jan 2007 11:33
The stage number, is the number of the texture being applied (Not the ID of the image, but what ID it is on the object, to some effect, I dont know how to explain it, it's late for me). The texturing modes should be listed in the help file. Sorry. And the mipmap flag specifies if mipmapping is done. If mipmapping is done, the texture gets "smoother" and more "blured" the further away it is from the camera. At least, I think that's what mipmapping is (To some effect).

-db

GameDeveloper, make your own games with a drag-and-drop interface. Basically t3dgm+fpsc editor combined.
http://forum.thegamecreators.com/?m=forum_view&t=86045&b=8&p=2

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-25 15:18:26
Your offset time is: 2024-09-25 15:18:26