Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Models and Media / blender .x model missing faces

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
after running through the entity maker, I notice that my model is missing faces. does anyone know what settings are wrong? thanks!
Silent Thunder
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Jan 2007 23:41
Maybe it's a blender thing, I've tried to import simple meshes and it doesn't work.

Get my Mega Segment Pack for free, be one of the first 5 to post
yerry
Years of Service
User Offline
this model was the default blender cube.
Reality Forgotten
FPSC Reloaded TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Jan 2007 00:21
Make sure you have selected the entire object. try hitting "A" and use the free move feature to double check that the model is completely selected. Blender has two directx exporters. Which one did you use (the first or second one)? Blender is known for janky .X exporting. it seems to export to most of the other file types consistently. Can you add an email address to your profile so I can contact you off board about this issue. I am pretty good with blender. I moved modeleling platforms do to certain needs and comfort.

Regards,
RF

Reality Forgotten Dev Forums
In my case, you know, I hate to advocate drugs or liquor, violence, insanity to anyone. But in my case it's worked.
yerry
Years of Service
User Offline
thanks reality forgotten:yerryfpe@yahoo.com
yerry
Years of Service
User Offline
when exporting, i only see one export option for .x
Reality Forgotten
FPSC Reloaded TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Jan 2007 00:40
I am emailing you from my work email right now....

Regards,
RF

Reality Forgotten Dev Forums
In my case, you know, I hate to advocate drugs or liquor, violence, insanity to anyone. But in my case it's worked.
Henry aka Kasya das
Years of Service
User Offline
I have the same problem with missing or transparent faces after exporting from Blender to .x. So what is the solution? In export menu I see too only one option for exporting to directx.

Besides that in exported .x file it doubles all vertexes. Why is that? I remove doubles, export it, and again there are doubles. Please

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-10-01 02:46:35
Your offset time is: 2024-10-01 02:46:35