Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Newcomers DBPro Corner / How can I get DarkBASIC 1.12 to print stuff out on my printer?

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st May 2003 17:49 Edited at: 1st May 2003 18:00
How can I get DarkBASIC 1.12 to print stuff out on my printer? If ancient MS-DOS QBasic can do it surely DarkBASIC can? I've already looked through the help files but couldn't find anything.

Please help!
Shadow
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st May 2003 19:45
I don't think DarkBASIC can. It doesn't matter that QBasic is ancient. QBasic wasn't designed for games, and games don't usually use printers.
Ozor Mox
Years of Service
User Offline
It would be good if they added this feature though, it may be written for games I have made several good programs in it and none of them yet are games. I haven't got any 3D or BSP programs

Pal
Years of Service
User Offline
ya. Nither do i got them. DB/DBPRO lacks many features. Though its a programming language, its restricted. But its still the best!!!!!

I am da man! Beware of my LAZER EYES!
Out There Dude
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd May 2003 14:08
Thanks for all your suggestions so far. I figure that DarkBASIC's claim to be a general purpose programming enviroment suitable for coding general/business applications as well as games is pretty much crippled without printer support.

However, having had another look at the documentation there might be another possibility for printing using DarkBASIC 1.12. It involves finding the Windows system DLL(s) that allows applications to print stuff and using them.

Any other help or suggestions though would be welcome!
Danmatsuma
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd May 2003 14:49
I think TAToad has a printing .dll out now, you might ask him how to use it in dbc, but you should get the latest patch, and you'll need enhancements too

ZX Spectrum 48k Issue 3, Radio shack Tape drive, Rank arena 12" T.V. set.
NETMAN007
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd May 2003 15:38
While talking about features in Darkbasic Pro,
I hope in the next versions (not patches) there might be the inclusions of some form of Forms,textboxes,pulldown menus etc,
If this had to be integrated together with the great stuff that already exists then Dark Basic would surely recieve 10/10 in reviews. x-d
MrTAToad
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd May 2003 15:41
NTEMAN - I think they are working on windows, so pulldown menus etc may (logically) follow.
Out There Dude - I've got a printing DLL that will probably need a very slight modification for DB 'Classic'. E-Mail me and let me know that your interested, and I'll create a test program for you.

Good news everyone! I really am THAT good...
http://www.nickk.nildram.co.uk/ for great plug-ins - oh my, yes!
Ozor Mox
Years of Service
User Offline
I agree with you NETMAN007, that would be very useful for writing applications that aren't necessarily games but could use a proper interface instead of command line. I hope they include this next time.

DarkSith
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th May 2003 14:07
How about this.

Copy the code and paste it into NotePad/WordPad, then print it off?

Dark Basic: My Favourite!
Out There Dude
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th May 2003 19:52
Thanks for all your help everyone!

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-20 08:02:08
Your offset time is: 2024-09-20 08:02:08