Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Models and Media / [LOCKED] FREE Beretta Elite 2 weapon model.

Author
Years of Service
User Offline

I hate to be a noob, but I'm having trouble downloading that awesome looking gun into the game successfully. Can somebody break it down for me how to do it? I've already downloaded the file, but I'm stuck on how to get it as an item successfully.
Commander in Chief
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Feb 2007 03:17
I LOVE THIS GUN!!! You think you could (no offense, as I really LOVE YOUR HANDS!!) make a version without hands? It's just I cant afford anything right now and only have free and default weapons.. you should think about taking all the FPSC guns and adding those awesome gloved hands. Good luck with Bungie! If you do go there, will you leave us..

(\__/)
(O.o )
(> < ) This is Bunny. Copy Bunny into your signature to help him on his way to world domination!
Opposing force
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Feb 2007 14:14
Commander in Chief, there is a way to get rid of hands. Open up the gun texture in an image editing program and draw over all the hand texture with 'pure' black (0,0,0). When you run FPSC it will make the hands transparent. Hope this helps.

Visit my website at...
http://www.freewebs.com/teammegabasic/
for FPSC models and media, sign up on the forums for FPSC talk and questions.
costas
Years of Service
User Offline
Just Awsome! Nothing else to say!

[color=silver]Costas[/color]
Snowwolf
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Feb 2007 22:32 Edited at: 15th Feb 2007 23:17
Well, Im a modeler too and i really have to say:

THATS GREAT!!!!!!!!!

Mod note:No swearing please.

Commander in Chief
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Feb 2007 22:12 Edited at: 16th Feb 2007 22:15
but but but... I LOVE THE HANDS!!! Could Mr. Jon have turned to the light side of giving away stuff for free? If he has, MAKE MORE!!! I LOVE YOUR GUN!!!! The only thing that is kinda weird is the running animation. When you run backwards, the gun should go up instead of down. Just a suggestion. I think Bungie would love ya!

[EDIT] Which one is the gun texture.. in entitybank or gamecore?

(\__/)
(O.o )
(> < ) This is Bunny. Copy Bunny into your signature to help him on his way to world domination!
Smitho
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Feb 2007 00:06
Jonny baby,
Would you care to add me on myspace please (I read you had it somewhere). Add me at here. I'm intersested in talking about further education. Me and errant had an in depth converstaion about education, and what he reccomeneds what to do, but of course hes over in US
Hope to hear from you soon

Dan

Commander in Chief
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Feb 2007 03:49
....oooookayyyyyyyyy... I have only one problem. When I set the gun to my stickman the gun kinda... floats. Did you make one that had no hands for the NPCs? Here's an attached pic.

(\__/)
(O.o )

Attachments

Login to view attachments
Locrian
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Feb 2007 05:32
Thats a problem with the FIRESPOT location in the biped that was used to rig that skickman. It has nothing to do Jon's gun ,nor is there anyway he can fix it. The problem is in the character.
Commander in Chief
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Feb 2007 05:34
The only thing though, that is FPSC biped...

(\__/)
(O.o )
Locrian
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Feb 2007 05:38 Edited at: 17th Feb 2007 05:44
Your not getting me....The bip is more then likely extended past the hands of your stick fig when it was rigged and no attempt was made to shorten bones. So what your seeing is the hand placement of the biped and your stick figures hands vertacies are just following the forearms. This is without doubt the only problem as the FIRESPOT located in the end of the gun is for the muzzle flash only. The handle position is totally controlled by the placement of the FIRESPOT mesh in the biped. No if's and's or but's about it.
Commander in Chief
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Feb 2007 05:40
Ohh thanks.. I'll have Damon_V add a small hand here and there. Thanks, Loc.

(\__/)
(O.o )
solttu
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Feb 2007 07:30
Thanks Jon.First i dont get that work but its work.
Seerzack
Years of Service
User Offline
wow thats really cool but the gun seems to have a higer res on your
screenshots then in my fpsc. Can you change the res to higher than 512x512 or the quality?

/seerzack
Burianu
Years of Service
User Offline
I love this gun, but whenever there are any enemies around when I have it, it slows down to a crawl.

"Hey god, what's the meaning of life?" I asked...
"62" he said...
Jon Fletcher
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Feb 2007 01:11
Quote: "wow thats really cool but the gun seems to have a higer res on your
screenshots then in my fpsc. Can you change the res to higher than 512x512 or the quality?
"

you probably think that due to the blurry look on the side of the gun, this has nothing to do with the texture, however the level of anisotropic filtering that is set on your graphics card, by default, you are most likely witnessing bilinear filtering

Quote: "Jonny baby,
Would you care to add me on myspace please (I read you had it somewhere). Add me at here. I'm intersested in talking about further education. Me and errant had an in depth converstaion about education, and what he reccomeneds what to do, but of course hes over in US
Hope to hear from you soon "

i never really had a myspace and dont intend to start one soon, i did create one a long time ago but didnt edit it at all, may i ask where you heard this from?

Quote: "I love this gun, but whenever there are any enemies around when I have it, it slows down to a crawl."

as i mentioned earlier to rolfy, try optimizing it by turning off shaders, reducing the texture size etc.

17" 1920x1200, 2GHz T2700 Core2Duo, 2GB DDR2, 256MB NVIDIA GeForce Go 7900GS PCI-E, 100GB HDD, DVDRW
Smitho
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Feb 2007 01:32 Edited at: 18th Feb 2007 01:35
Quote: "may i ask where you heard this from?"

I believe you had said to Errant on one of his development pages (For the EAI pack etc) something along the lines of "I had a look on your myspace and saw your work on War on terrorism, and Goldeneye." (If i remember correctly) anyway.. so i guessed you might have had it yourself..

Edit; Just to make sure you not worried im stalking you (Or am I? lol) I dug up the post you made, using a search on google.

Page 2, first comment.

Quote: "edit:

just checked your myspace, i see you have alot of commercial titles for your resume, including 007, no wonder they reminded me of goldeneye"

Errant AI
Years of Service
User Offline
Dan, My web link under posts used to go to my myspace page. Now it goes to my forums. (sorry to drop the ball on our convo, been swamped with moving shenanigans).

Jon, Best wishes on total domination 2!
Smitho
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Feb 2007 11:14
Ah gotcha Ill go back to crying in the corner

Koda
Years of Service
User Offline
I'm not complaining but I have a question. Could the hands and gun be positioned slightly left? You see I do a fair amount of shooting and one thing I've notice with FPS is that it likes the guns to be far to the right...I was also wondering if there could be a zoom mode made so that one might use their actual sights to engage targets...idle curiosity if you will. Still really good work, I'm no fan of the Berreta but I've always liked the Elite and you've done an excellent job.

People sleep peacefully in their beds at night because rough men stand ready to do violence on their Behalf
Commander in Chief
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Feb 2007 02:49
John, can I add this to my new FPS Content site? It's up and coming. When the site is up and running, I'll tell you. Email me at michaeladietrich@msn.com with your reply. Thanks.

---PARANOID PRODUCTIONS---
Burianu
Years of Service
User Offline
You show try making a melee pack! Many , many , many people (such as myself) would buy it the second it comes out!
FredP
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Feb 2007 06:49
Burianu,
He made model pack 5 which contains an axe,a knife and several variations of fists and some cool firarms.It's been out for a while so you're a few seconds behind.
Jon also made CorePak 1.It's definitely worth checking out as well.

Burianu
Years of Service
User Offline
I know that. But there are PLENTY more that need creating like more medival weapons. Not to mention the knife attack was sub-par. And his hand has improved.

I could go on and on...
Jon Fletcher
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Feb 2007 18:33
ehm, im creating a medieval/fantasy pack at this time right now, which will contain all you need to make a fantasy based game (along with Bond1's which is sure to be released sooner)

17" 1920x1200, 2GHz T2700 Core2Duo, 2GB DDR2, 256MB NVIDIA GeForce Go 7900GS PCI-E, 100GB HDD, DVDRW
Commander in Chief
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Feb 2007 13:12
errr... hello? *quotes*
Quote: "John, can I add this to my new FPS Content site? It's up and coming. When the site is up and running, I'll tell you. Email me at michaeladietrich@msn.com with your reply. Thanks."
Wait.. I'm gonna check my email!

---PARANOID PRODUCTIONS---
Jon Fletcher
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Feb 2007 17:14
oh, sorry, forgot about that

yes you may put it on the site for download, if possible, a small link somewhere to my website? thanks

SUICID3
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Feb 2007 03:39
John like the rest of your work this is amazing.
For a minute i thought i was playing the game BLACK

Frag Monkey
Years of Service
User Offline
That is absolutely amazing!

I love the animatuions, and the shadr use is awesome as well.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-10-01 08:17:02
Your offset time is: 2024-10-01 08:17:02