Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Newcomers DBPro Corner / what in the heck

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Jan 2007 23:55
ok, first, i'm not a newb, but I am, i've been on these forums for 3 1/2 years now, and, gotten nowhere.....
So anyways, I just decided to try darkbasic pro trial version, and, I can't even frickin load a music file!!!!!
so far i've tried:

Load Music "field.mid",1
Load Music "field",1
Load Music field,1
Load Music Field.mid,1
And much more, nothing works, it's one gosh dang simple line of code,
either I really really really really suck at this, or there is something obvious i'm missing. My guess is #2

"In peace sons bury thier fathers, in war fathers bury their sons" - Winston Churchill(i think). "don't piss down my back and tell me it's raining!"
TDK
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Jan 2007 23:59
Load Music "field.mid",1
Play Music 1

But the MIDI/MP3 file needs to be in the same directory as your DBA file or you have to put the full path and filename in the quotes.

TDK_Man

doom on cats
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Jan 2007 00:02
like I said, something really obvious

"In peace sons bury thier fathers, in war fathers bury their sons" - Winston Churchill(i think). "don't piss down my back and tell me it's raining!"
Grog Grueslayer
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: Green Hell
Posted: 14th Jan 2007 11:04
Don't feel bad... we've all been there.
vibe runner
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Jan 2007 13:44
A handy tip I have is to (1) upgrade your DBPro IDE (not just Dark Basic, but the editor, it's on TGC site somewhere) and with that done, when you have a command like LOAD MUSIC to press F1, get the help up, and look at all *similar*, grouped, commands, in this instance LOAD MUSIC brings up a very short, quite unhelpful, entry, but also a link to the MUSIC commands. Read through the rest. Often there are useful or interesting commands that relate to the entry you were querying. OKAY, sure, the DBP help isn't exactly megarific, it's always handy to have an idea of some of the complementary commands.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-25 15:22:12
Your offset time is: 2024-09-25 15:22:12