Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Newcomers DBPro Corner / some questions before I take the plunge

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Hi,
I have a few questions about darkbasic pro as I am still deciding in whether I want to purchase Darkbasic pro. I hope you nice people dont mind answering my questions.

Can Darkbasic Pro implement HDRI skies properly ?
Can you export skinned/rigged animation from 3d studio max (not .x format) ?

Thanks.
Kieran
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Jan 2007 02:42
not sure about your questions but i know if you buy darkBASIC pro you will be very pleased it is so awesome!!!

D Ogre
Years of Service
User Offline
DarkBasic Professional can utilize the following formats: DirectX, 3DS, MD2, MD3, MDL,
Quake 2 Maps, Quake 3 Maps, and Half Life Maps. It also supports the DBO native file format.

Both DirectX and DBO file formats are the best file types for DBPro. MAX files are not
directly portable, you will have to export or convert them. Segmented limb, and skin and bone
based models are viable in the correct formats.
CattleRustler
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Jan 2007 14:17
I thought 3ds support was currently not present, or only partially? Not trying to lose tgc a sale but just thought I'd mention that. I would let others speak up in this thread before making a decision. I used to use 3ds in dbp and remember it working, then breaking, then working again, with each dbp update

D Ogre
Years of Service
User Offline
I believe the 3DS format still works, but its never been a very stable format
in DBPro. It takes seemingly forever to load complex object files and sometimes
it would lock up your program. Use this format at you own risk. However, I found
that smaller files load and work fine in the 3DS format.
Peter H
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Jan 2007 01:38
Quote: "Can Darkbasic Pro implement HDRI skies properly ?"

If you mean an HDR shader then yes, i've used the one that you can find in the "Ultimate Shaders Pack" (a collection of shaders made/modified for DBPro by forum dwellers) it's a sticky around here somewhere i think...

One man, one lawnmower, plenty of angry groundhogs.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-25 15:17:39
Your offset time is: 2024-09-25 15:17:39