Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Newcomers DBPro Corner / Different Exe Types?

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Jan 2007 10:48
Hi can someone explain all the different EXE types for me and where I might use them?

Cheers
Bozzy
Aaron Miller
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: osu!
Posted: 13th Jan 2007 11:29
Alright. Well, the first (The normal EXE type) basically, has nothing special about it. All your media, and everything else is "outside" of the EXE.

The second (The EXE with the .PCK) will put all of your media into a .PCK file, not all that secure, but it's still all there.

The third type (EXE with attatched media) will put all of your media inside of your EXE. Basically like adding the .PCK to the end of the .EXE.

And the installer type EXE, I am unsure of. My guess is that all the media is included in the EXE, then extracted, and the media is from then on, loaded from outside the EXE.

-db

GameDeveloper, make your own games with a drag-and-drop interface. Basically t3dgm+fpsc editor combined.
http://forum.thegamecreators.com/?m=forum_view&t=86045&b=8&p=2

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-25 15:23:21
Your offset time is: 2024-09-25 15:23:21