Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Code Snippets / Printing Only Once

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
many a times in ur program or game, u put the print command between the do and the loop command resulting in the repeated printing of the text. A person told me, you are Dark_Basic_Pro_Master, do it urself like toher pros. This happened when i asked them about this. I am proud to know how to do this and i want you all to know too!

Code below will type Hello thousand times!

Now what will u do so that u can print it only once but still the text should be in the do/loop command. This is the answer

That will print it only once. The 0,0 parameter will print it in the normal place that is to the top left corner of the screen. So no worrys from now guys.
I am da man! Beware of my LAZER EYES!
Pal
Years of Service
User Offline
Hey remember to remove the comment "`The 0,0 parameters are the x and y position of the text. Fill this with the x y location of the text to be displayed." in line two or u will get an error. Another thing, having my nick as Dark_Basic_Pro_Master doesn't make me a dbpro master, as having my nick as a good boy doesn't make me good when i am bad!

Chiwawa
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd May 2003 02:59
damn you good..really..
indi
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd May 2003 06:28
text 0,0,"this is the same thing also"

Pal
Years of Service
User Offline
what indi said is also right! Thanks for telling me good Chiwawa,i am just a 13 year boy who doesn't know dark basic programming that much.

andrew11
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd May 2003 06:52 Edited at: 3rd May 2003 06:53
Don't worry, you could be real good one day if you practice.

I'm only 13 too. I started a few years ago though.

"All programmers are playwrites and all computers are lousy actors" -Anon
PiratSS
Years of Service
User Offline
Lol,

Is this a joke?

I think Chiwawa gets it!

Cheers?

There are two types of people in the world: The ones who summon and the ones that create. There is a big difference...
andrew11
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd May 2003 07:15 Edited at: 3rd May 2003 07:17
Is what a joke?

"All programmers are playwrites and all computers are lousy actors" -Anon
indi
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd May 2003 07:57
frustration = inept ability and clear thought.

any payouts on younger coders who might be catching up only shows your inferior ability to be tolerant and usually means u have no skills to support anything better so u hand a payout.

just keep practising and learning,regardless of the spam monkeys and there opinions.

Pal
Years of Service
User Offline
ok

KamaKase
Years of Service
User Offline
Chiwawa seems to forget that there is always someone better than you. (I don't know how good he is, he could be a better code than me).
Just give people a break. Text commands always got me. Mine always ended up flashing....
Jonny_S
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd May 2003 19:20
spam monkeys monkeys arent all that bad

CURRENT PROJECT - FIGHT OF THE CENTURY VIST
http://www.freewebz.com/supermonkeysmansion
=C=
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Jun 2003 20:07
I wanted to have a look at the code that prints text only once.
I have problems with Text, I am still formulating my library of usefull codes, trying to find a way to standartise and print text while looping, more than that, try to take a long string and make it multyline and still "text x,y,str$"-it to look nicelly, and stop flashing

I am not going to say the code our friend pro_master solved my problem. He is facing the same problems all of us face or faced in the back and the joy of solving something seemingly complex with a simple code. Analytical mind, thats what we all have and can not compare, no matter how good you are and how many skills you have your analytical mind is what counts...

I think he fell a bit of a victim of his name. But when he becomes a master, no doupt about it, he'll have the name registered! Shouldnt blame him for forward thinking!

Also, there was a bit of irony in some replies. Fair enough is say, sometimes it happens, so what...

I envy the 13 year olds who program with such nice tools that early. I was doing clipper and DBIII plus back in the late 80's early nineties... and all I wanted to program was games!

Adios!

-------------------------------
Pointy birds, Oh pointy pointy
Anoint my head, Anointy 'nointy
=C=
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Jun 2003 20:09
and yes... I agree we dont need Lawyers here...

-------------------------------
Pointy birds, Oh pointy pointy
Anoint my head, Anointy 'nointy

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-03-28 10:24:34
Your offset time is: 2024-03-28 10:24:34