Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Newcomers DBPro Corner / Source files blanking themselfs?! GAH!

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd May 2003 23:13
Okay.. I have no idea whats causing this.. it happened once before, I put it down to "user error" ignored and contiued. But it just happened again. My code is split into seperate source files. I don't know whats going on, but randomly they just seem to nuke themselfs whilst im coding. I find out when i compile, it gives an error, opens the source file in question (blank!) and highlights the top line which is blank. Either that, or if its using one of my function librarys it will complain that the command doesnt exist (because that dba has nuked itself). Its random. I dont know WHY it happens T_T
Today it was very nearly fatal; Engine.dba, CoreFunctions.dba, ParticleFX.dba and MapRoutines.dba all decided to nuke themselfs!! Im just fortunate that the .bak files stay intact!

Has anyone else had this happen to them? Please share, this is going to catch me off guard one day and i will save (overwriting my baks) and loose all my hard work T_T If anyone knows whats causing it I would be greatful if you would tell me so I can avoid doing it myself. Thanks
Sephnroth
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd May 2003 23:19 Edited at: 2nd May 2003 23:29
I've pinpointed it down..

Adding these two lines to my main source file nukes Engine.dba:
#CONSTANT DOWN 654
#CONSTANT UP 456

My Main source file looks like this:

that compiles fine..

if I add those two lines so it looks like this:

it blows up with error "Could not understand command at line 854" and displays a blank Engine.dba - double clicking engine.dba after that on the files menu always displays a blank file.

Can anyone explain that? -_-

Edit:

It blanked Engine.dba AND Bullets.dba, so it does blank more than one >.>

Edit 2:

Tried again.. this time engine.dba survived but bullets.dba got nuked still, i guess its being a little random -_-

MrTAToad
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd May 2003 23:30
The editor sometimes seems to have trouble loading a file - its not actually blank (as you'll see if you look at it through Explorer). Hopefully this'll be fixed when the editor is upgraded.

Good news everyone! I really am THAT good...
http://www.nickk.nildram.co.uk/ for great plug-ins - oh my, yes!

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-20 07:23:07
Your offset time is: 2024-09-20 07:23:07