Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Models and Media / [LOCKED] Free Character! Come and get it while it's hot!

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Jan 2007 18:47 Edited at: 18th Jan 2007 03:02
This is a character I developed for my Nvidia entry, but it didn't quite work out right, so I'm gonna give it away to all you lovely people out there.

It's totally custom animated, and has custom sounds and scripts. There are some animation issues, but this is my first Biped character out of maya, and it has some issues with making .x files with bones....

Download and enjoy, and Dammit post comments and maybe even a little thankyou if you like it... this took many hours... it's the least you can do.

Licence, troubleshooting and installation instructions in the zip.

Re-textures welcome, please post them here.

mod edit indi

ZIP file removed, Do not post vulgarity within your media.
You may repost it but remove the vulgarity within the helpfiles.

s4real
VIP Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Nice work as always butters and many thanks for this.

Best s4

Im a wizz at texturing toilets
Locrian
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Jan 2007 18:50
Love the teeth man. Though kinda Tim Butonesquely twisted I love the stuff.

Best
Loc
Butter fingers
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Jan 2007 18:56 Edited at: 17th Jan 2007 18:59
Well thank you guys. I've been trying to get a custom animated Biped into FPSC for a while, and I thought, before I release my character pack, I'd give out a couple of freebies to....whet the appetite!

Loc, I had to change the texture from the one above because the face is ripped from the MP4 fatzombie, re-did the face with a pic of my uncle...LOL

I do tend to err towards that Tim Burton style, even if it is totally unintentional!

Oh just a note to all you square hand haters out there, I've rounded the hands out on the downloadable model, and lowered the poly count on the head.

*PS Loc I hope you're not gonna re-make my model pack after I'm done and release you own at a fraction of the price!

***EDIT, updated screenshot to show actual model&texture****

s4real
VIP Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Just one problem what the password to the zip butters ?

Lol Best s4

Butter fingers
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Jan 2007 19:05
LOL

its

cornelius
or
Cornelius

s4real
VIP Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Thanks Butters, the password for the zip is:

cornelius

Best s4 lol

Butter fingers
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Jan 2007 19:12
please gimme a post once you have it in game, I've only tested this on ATi, so I could do with your feedback.

rolfy
Years of Service
User Offline
Butters,this really good of you, many thanks.
I just love your insane imagination.
Butter fingers
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Jan 2007 19:28
no problem man....

Quote: "your insane imagination"

Ah, what can I say? Sleep deprevation, coffee, narcotics, all the essential tools of an artist!! LOL

More coming VERY soon

Phlum
Years of Service
User Offline
Okay, he works - well done Butters! Very scared. Happy with new product! and I grabbed a screenie before I died

[center]

Attachments

Login to view attachments
Butter fingers
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Jan 2007 20:12 Edited at: 17th Jan 2007 20:13
Cheers for the screenshot dude, I thought I'd convert it so that it's right up here on the screen and peoplecan see it's all ready for FPSC, and not just a "look at my great model" post

filya
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Jan 2007 20:20
ha ha ...this is is nice Butters Might download it when I get home

thank you very much for this!

Quote: "*PS Loc I hope you're not gonna re-make my model pack after I'm done and release you own at a fraction of the price!"

awww everyone's afraid of being Loc'd now

-- game dev is fun...but taking up too much time --
rolfy
Years of Service
User Offline
He works fine butters,love the animation,here's a screen of me getting my butt kicked.

FredP
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Jan 2007 20:30
Butter fingers,
Thanks for this.
What more can I say that has not already been said?
Oh,yeah...
Now I can make that Texas Chainsaw Fatboy Massacre game I have always wanted to make!
More fine work...I always look forward to your stuff.

Errant AI
Years of Service
User Offline
Thanks for this, Butters!

Urlforce Studios
Years of Service
User Offline
Eww looks like the guy who runs the local drug cartel lol. GET HIM HIS MONEY OR ELSE! lol

He said, "You drink when you're lonely." No I drink when I want!
He said, "You'll never be sober." Sure. Why would I want that?
Seth Black
FPSC Reloaded TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Jan 2007 20:55
Butter fingers,

Greetings. Many thanks for releasing this model to the community. Looks fantastic! This is a fine contribution, indeed. Please do keep up the great works!

Thanks,

Seth Black

"...I'm sorry, could you repeat your question a little louder? I'm a trifle deaf in this ear."

- Willie Wonka
Butter fingers
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Jan 2007 21:04 Edited at: 17th Jan 2007 21:05
Quote: "Now I can make that Texas Chainsaw Fatboy Massacre game I have always wanted to make!"

well, sooner than you might think dude. I'm just getting the fatboy with chainsaw ready....

Quote: "imma poke him an see if he giggles"

LOL. I might have to make a bit of the script so that he randomly says

"poke me and see iffa giggle. gwan bwoy. tryit."

Airslide
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Jan 2007 23:27
I don't have much use for him, but good work! And thanks!

Locrian
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Jan 2007 23:43
Quote: "*PS Loc I hope you're not gonna re-make my model pack after I'm done and release you own at a fraction of the price!"

Heck I was goin to do it for free. My goal is to see how many people that never pay their dues, and release boxes with a googled texture I can tick off.

"Hmm"," "What's thats ya say?" "Oh thier animated and more then boxes?" "Had some real time in um?" "You say you've given free things before you got in my wallet?" "KK, mah bad...ignore everything I just said then."
xplosys
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: FPSC Multiplayer Games
Posted: 17th Jan 2007 23:49
Nice Butters. Thank you.

I'm sorry, my answers are limited. You must ask the right question.

Silent Thunder
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Jan 2007 02:56
Amazing model, thanks!

Be sure to check the forum for special offers, and free stuff!
indi
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Jan 2007 02:59
I received a complaint regarding some vulgar words used in the content of the helpfiles within this package. Its not acceptable for the younger members as well as parents looking over the shoulder.

The download will be removed until you remove the vulgarity.
Failure to address this will result in a temp newb slap.

Butter fingers
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Jan 2007 04:15
Indi, it's nice to see you taking a part in the FPSC forums.

I can see where you're coming from with regards to younger users, but I felt the language used was pretty moderate. Nothing that you wouldn't see in a 6pm episode of Friends.

Unfortunately vulgarity is particularly subjective, and something inoffensive to one user may be incredibly rude to another, I personally didn't feel that I used language that was unsuitable, although I respect your decision to lock the download.

In my defense, I have recieved a rediculous number of emails from users who claim the media I have posted doesn't work, although they usually later find that having read the instructions, it does work. I therefore wanted to make it patently obvious that NOT reading the instructions would be a stupid thing to do.

Quote: "
Failure to address this will result in a temp newb slap."

I might be being pedantic, but if the download is already locked then there is little else I can do to address the problem. I would not be so foolhardy as to upload the same zip again.

I doubt I'll re-post anyway. Its a bit of a kick in the face, to have someone download my hard work, and then complain about a bit of moderate language. Also ironic, that they're not offended by a bloodied fat guy weilding a pickaxe*, but they find a few words so awful that they have to complain.

*a bloodied fat guy weilding a pickaxe, who they will later shoot in the face with a desert eagle, splattering the entire room with blood.

Bloodeath 6 6 6
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Jan 2007 04:23
lol, i dont get it anymore, vulgar language is not escapeable, theyre just words, why do parents get so upset about them?
fps, meaning first person shooter, which will have gore and killing, but yet a few vulgar words piss off parents, eghh whats this society comming to?

You'll Know When You See It.

Death has no end
s4real
VIP Member
Years of Service
User Offline
ONly the forum members lose out on this shame indi strikes again.

Thraxas
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Jan 2007 04:54
Quote: "but yet a few vulgar words piss off parents"

better be careful there, wouldn't want any younger members seeing that and going crying to mummy!

Bloodeath 6 6 6
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Jan 2007 04:57
Piss off is a bad word now? alright im confused, indi needs to email me so we can discuss this,

again with vulgarity,

Rich has bite my shiny metal ass in his sig... so saying piss, better not get me in trouble, becuase i dont mean it in a dragitory meaning.
if indi has a problem with the word piss, or anything like that, he should email me so we can dispute this over emails.

Death has no end
filya
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Jan 2007 04:59
Why do I get the feeling I am going to newb slapped for this, but I am going to say what I feel like anyways.

Whats going on here???? Is the TGC forums splitting into DB and FPSC parts? Why is a DB mod (I say so, since this is the first week in 5 months of me being here did I see Indi posting in FPSC threads, and we all know the reason why so too) getting all heated about some totally harmless and well-wishing FPSC posts??

Butters, I really don't understand how you remain calm after this. You have been such a great person for these forums, always creating, always giving away, always helping...and I don't think you deserve this Failure to address this will result in a temp newb slap kind of shi*!!

As far as I remember, all your downloads use the same language in their readme files...so is Indi trying to say that Fred, Uman and Keith have 'over-looked' it all this time???
No, I think they know whats right and whats wrong too, and more importantly, they know how to respect a good person.

Sorry Indi, but you need to set a much better example if you need some respect.

-filya

-- game dev is fun...but taking up too much time --
Thraxas
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Jan 2007 05:00
@bloodeath

I don't find it offensive or vulgar, but you never know someone might...

My original post was being very sarcastic...

Butter fingers
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Jan 2007 05:07
Guys guys guys.
Thanks you so much
I appreciate the support, but I don't want this to turn into something like a playground fight, where I get all my buddies, and we gang up on indi.

This will just get locked.

What happened was stupid, but indi was just doing what he thought was right. I'm not mad at him, he has to respond to a complaint, I'm just mad at the complainer. Anyway. I'm out.

Bloodeath 6 6 6
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Jan 2007 05:07
No i understand what your saying theraxas, but i think its really retarded, that a dbpro mod just wanders in here and throws a hissy fit over something keith uman bullshock and fredp didnt say anything about.
i mean come on now

Death has no end
Silent Thunder
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Jan 2007 07:06 Edited at: 18th Jan 2007 07:15
Quote: "but i think its really retarded, that a dbpro mod just wanders in here and throws a hissy fit over something keith uman bullshock and fredp didnt say anything about"

agreed, Indi should stick to the DBP forums, and let the FPSC Mod Squad do their own jobs.

It seemed like the conflicts started when Indi started attacking Loc for talking about making a free school pack, because hubdule was selling one. Then Indi started attacking others.

Also, hubdule didn't start attacking Loc (aside from calling him unfriendly),however Indi did.

hubdule - It's your opinion. I respect that.

indi - Failure to adhere to a general disposition of clarity with at least some positive aspects to your replies will result in a newb slap.

But, what do I know?
This is just my opinion.

Be sure to check the forum for special offers, and free stuff!
Godrich13
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Jan 2007 07:25
Is there gonna be a royal Rumble? Because if so, I have money on the mod.

Level Designer Looking for work!
FredP
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Jan 2007 07:28
You are not going to see a Royal Rumble unless you watch the upcoming PPV.
Butters has reposted his model in another thread so keeping this one open is senseless.I'm locking it.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-10-01 05:27:58
Your offset time is: 2024-10-01 05:27:58