Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Models and Media / Breaking Fake Doors?

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Hey I am making a game and I played the DarkFaction demo and saw how you could shoot the padlock on the other side of the door..how is that done..also How can you destroy fake doors? I want to make a breakable vent and a breakable door for my game

any help appreciated

Your Truly:
The one and only SKULL MONKEY

Doom Chronicles Coming Soon!
SKULL MONKEY
Years of Service
User Offline
Anybody? please I need this done!!!

Kimmen 1192
Years of Service
User Offline
Hello!
Ive got the same question as you, but give the people some time to answer. This isnt a live chat, its a forum, it could take days to get a answer.
Good luck!
SKULL MONKEY
Years of Service
User Offline
sorry..yeh I know it's a forum I just sometime get ..impatient!

Evil Star
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Jan 2007 15:12 Edited at: 20th Jan 2007 15:13
we all know, and I'm not sure that you can break fake doors...they're designed to be fake!

SKULL MONKEY
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Jan 2007 15:20 Edited at: 20th Jan 2007 15:25
hmm ok..well is there a way to like brake a vent open? Ive seen it doen in darkfaction..I was think maybe use the entity of the vent set the strength to 1 and place it over the top of a hole segment?

EDIT:It works but I can't fins a segment of a squere hole in the wall anywere! the only one that sez is squire is in ww2 but it looks rectangle...grrrrrr

xplosys
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: FPSC Multiplayer Games
Posted: 20th Jan 2007 15:48
The doors segments have entities (the actual swinging or sliding door part) which can be adjusted in the properties of the editor. Set the door entity strength to a lower number and it can be destroyed. Depending on what you want to be used to destroy it, you'll have to play with the strength to get it right.

Don't forget, Destroy in FPSC means disappear, not explode or break apart. By using the crumble.fpi script I think it is, you can get a little better effect, but the door still just disappears.

Best.

I'm sorry, my answers are limited. You must ask the right question.

SKULL MONKEY
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Jan 2007 16:32 Edited at: 20th Jan 2007 16:38
wait I did it!! yay! I just found all the vent door entities that worked with the sgment..changed the strength of them o 1 and tada!

I never realy wanted a vent that slid up anyway!

xplosys
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: FPSC Multiplayer Games
Posted: 20th Jan 2007 16:43 Edited at: 20th Jan 2007 16:45
Well, you don't edit the segment, you edit the entity. Place the vent segment in a wall in the editor. Then go into entity editing mode by clicking the "entity edit" button, selecting Edit/entity mode from the file menu, or clicking the entity tab on the library. Now mouse over the vent until you highlight the vents door entity, then left click to edit it's properties. Change the strength to a low number (0 is invulnerable) and it will destroy.

Best.

EDIT: HA, too late.

I'm sorry, my answers are limited. You must ask the right question.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-10-01 05:10:27
Your offset time is: 2024-10-01 05:10:27