Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Models and Media / [LOCKED] Free models that need converted to fps friendly

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Jan 2007 16:07
Hey all I bought off ebay about 6 months ago a CD with tons of models on it I think there is 2000 3d models on the disc and are in the .3ds format along with about 2700 odd objects.

I have not got a clue how to import them into fps creator, but the attatchment pic i have sent shows how they are grouped into the following categories along with how many items are in that category.

This CD cost me about £25 but if someone could for me convert each category into a folder i can drag and drop into fps creator, it would be awesome, I of course would also let the person who done them for me keep the models themselves for free for doing it for me to use in their own games.

On the auciton listing it did say these could be resold and stuff but I think there is the odd model especially of cars that has a logo like e.g. Volkswagon and BMW etc.

If anyone can help and wants some free models let me know thanks and I will post each section online for them to download and try it for me. I am studying computer games design and programming but am still on C++ stages and havent a clue how to model 3d things yet sorry. If i get them all converted i will be making a website shortly to distribute them all for free to us eon here.

Harry

Hear no evil, see no evil

Attachments

Login to view attachments
SKULL MONKEY
Years of Service
User Offline
..is it still up for sale? looks like a realy good cd!

oh if you have milkshape I can help you make those fpsc ready :d

Doom Chronicles Coming Soon!
KeithC
Senior Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Jan 2007 16:59
I highly suggest getting ECS Pro ($5); it will take those models (provided they have 1 texture map only), and make them FPS-ready (as well as place them directly in the editor). with the click of a button. There is also Magic FPS that will do that, and more.

-Keith

Locrian
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Jan 2007 17:04
Keiths right,but I see no mention of poly count. Perhaps prior to buying like ECSPro or whatever you may want to let like Keith(or someone) look at one of the models to even make sure they're going to be compatable for a game engine.
Hazzman
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Jan 2007 17:10
hey skull monkey yeah the CD's are available just type in your search on ebay:

"3ds model" or "3d studio max models"

You will get quite a lot of premade 3d models like trees, cars and all that kinda stuff even everyday objects liek screwdrivers and cups etc.

Keith where can i get this ECS PRO? is it easy to use and is it made by the gamecreators? I recently purchased but awaiting download approval for model packs 1 2 3 4 5 6 and sprite pack 1 so this will keep me occupied until they are approved.

Cheers for the info on what software these models work with. If i pmed u keith a screen shot of one of the objects associated files, could you tell me if it would work and how? Any models anyone helps me with I will put them on here tho for everyone to use because of the info they are giving.

Cheers

harry

Hazzman
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Jan 2007 17:21
yeah your right locrian all i seen on the auction listing was jpegs of the actual models and they do look pretty detailed whether its down to neat lighting tricks or something I am not sure but yeah it would be great if I could get someone to try one out and see how it looks.

Like in my previous posts if I could use these models I have a great idea for a one player game at the minute which will also include cut scenes in avi format. As I used flash 8 a lot I also have a flash to avi encoder and vice versa so I can edit different parts of video and things at different times, also by adding special effects to them. I am wanting however to use ingame graphics to animate cut scenes and jpegs.

Harry

KeithC
Senior Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Jan 2007 17:58 Edited at: 20th Jan 2007 18:00
You'd have to either send me a screenshot of the wireframe (with poly count info), or one or two of the actual models (I don't need the texture maps). That's the only realy way to tell. Locrian's right, and I didn't think about it; but higher-poly models won't be of much use to you, unless you know how to reduce the poly count.

Here's a link to: ECS Pro, Signs IV, and Magic FPS. They are all very helpful programs to have, when making custom content FPSC-ready.

Please note that Bullshock 2 (ECS Pro's creator) is currently reconfiguring his site, and it may be down; however you can contact him via e-mail: seqoiagdirector@aol.com

IMPORTANT: Do not post models in this forum that have a copyright, or are not allowed to be redistributed! In other words; if you didn't make them, don't post them.

-Keith

Hazzman
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Jan 2007 18:45
cheers keith i think i might give that magic fps a go as it seems the names of like the cars folder for instance on that CD is called car model number like toyota mr2, ferrari enzo and all which i am sure are copyright I guess i will have a go trying out that program you mentioned cheers for the help.

Harry

Knac DOT com
Years of Service
User Offline
I have a bunch of .mdl weapon models in my pc.. is there a way to make them FPSC ready?

(if I read right, you have to transform .mdl to .x right?)

The loudest .com on the planet! KNAC.COM!

Hazzman
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Jan 2007 14:05
ehh not to sure about that dude u should pm that guy keith he knows a good bit about modelling but i think yeah your right they need to be in .x format

JohannesM
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Jan 2007 14:50
@ Hazzman

You can't PM anyone on this forum but you can send them an email

www.freewebs.com/supahsfpscstuff THE FORUM IS UP! JOIN NOW AND GET UNREALEASED MODEL PACK! Space open for first 3 joiners.
Knac DOT com
Years of Service
User Offline
I just FOOLISHLY asked KeithC along with my doubts where is the PM button that I (obviosly) can't find! I'm so dumb!

KeithC
Senior Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Jan 2007 15:27
What do you mean you Foolishly asked me? I'm replying to your e-mail.

Hazzman
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Jan 2007 16:31
lol keith i think we should lock this forum turnin more into a chat thing now rather than for modelling lol

sorry knac dot com i thought this was another gaming forum thing i use with pm's and stuff i have got ya confused

harry

Knac DOT com
Years of Service
User Offline
It's ok Hazzman.

but returning to the the modelling problems, I got the same situation you've got. A have a bunch of .mdl models here, but I dunno what to do. It's like a bunch of types of models like V_shotgun.mdl, w_shotgun.mdl, p_shotgun.mdl .. you know? I just can't do anything, I tried to make these .X files, but I ended with a .X file and nothing else to do!

I'm lost!

Hazzman
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Jan 2007 16:44
hey knac i took keiths advice and got magic fps it is so easy to make your own models or signs and stuff with one click of the mouse you get a shape liek a cube then can resize it and stuff and then past a texture on each side like a picture or something. Its so easy to use I have had it a day and a half and already have got about 30 different wall textures and stuff.

I have smoe very cool bark floor tiles and stuff that are photo realistic as they are taken with a 3.1 megapixel camera they almost look 3d when u see them but of course they are not.

If you like I might post a few high res textures if you want, I have been using my digital camera to take photos of different textures. You just need to import them into magic fps if you have it if not see the above link keith included for me. I purchased it and the download link was sent in like 40 minutes very fast.

If you have any models u wanna trade then lemme know and how to actually import them into the fps thing lol

cheers

harry

FredP
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Jan 2007 17:57
It appears everyone here has an e-mail address so they can contact each other.Locked.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-10-01 05:16:53
Your offset time is: 2024-10-01 05:16:53