Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Newcomers DBPro Corner / Split Screen Help

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Ok, I've got two cameras. One on top and one on bottom. The only problem is that the top camera's view looks WAY wider than it should.

Here is my code.

Can someone tell me what's wrong?

I don't suffer from laziness... I enjoy every minute of it!
TDK
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Jan 2007 18:39 Edited at: 20th Jan 2007 18:48
A screenshot might help - without the media we can't run it and see exactly what you mean.

[Edit] Just a thought - have you tried using cameras 1 and 2 instead of 0. Might be some default FOV thing with camera 0 that hasn't been set the same with camera 1. Using 1 and 2 means this setting would not be set on both of them. Worth a try I suppose...

TDK_Man

Hammaman
Years of Service
User Offline
Hi,

My experience with split screens is that you need to reset the camera's aspect ratio; otherwise, your game objects appear stretched (either twice as wide if you split the screen in half horizontally, or twice as high if it's a vertical split).

Try using the command
set camera aspect <camera number>, <aspect>

where <aspect> is equal to the width of the split screen / height

I think DBPro probably doesn't reset the camera aspect for the default camera (number 0) when you restrict its view; whereas when you create a new camera, the aspect is set correctly (which is roughly what TDK_Man is getting at).

Good luck!

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-25 15:19:45
Your offset time is: 2024-09-25 15:19:45