Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Newcomers DBPro Corner / Why are my posts not showing on the forum?

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Hi,

I'm new to posting to the forums (though have had a userid for a couple of years). I've noticed that my posts, once approved, are added to the end of the thread, but that the date of the last post is not being amended to reflect this. For example, I replied to TDK's thread in the Newcomers forum today at:
http://forum.thegamecreators.com/?m=forum_view&t=97672&b=7
but my name and the date of my post has not appeared as the most recent in the Newcomers forum, and the last post still shows TDK.

If this is something that a Mod could fix, then please do so and close this thread.

Thanks.
CattleRustler
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Jan 2007 22:23
probably something borked after approval was introduced. Rich would need to fix it if that was the case

Michael Moore needs film making lessons from Aaron Russo.America: Freedom To Fascism
Grog Grueslayer
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: Green Hell
Posted: 25th Jan 2007 04:34
That's the most annoying bug I've seen on the forums. It's very bad especially for newbies needing help. A person can post and nobody will know there's a new message in the thread so their post goes unseen and unanswered... and they usually think their being ignored.

hyrichter
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Jan 2007 05:59
I didn't notice this error until quite recently, but it is quite annoying. And as Grog said, it can make people feel like they're being ignored because nobody realizes that there's a new post.

Good performance is better than a good excuse.
CodeSurge -- DBP Editor for serious programmers.
TDK
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Jan 2007 16:43 Edited at: 26th Jan 2007 22:10
[Edit] Sorry - misread the initial post, so my post was irrelevant...

[Edit 2] Reported the problem to Rich, so it's in his hands now.

TDK_Man

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-25 17:30:10
Your offset time is: 2024-09-25 17:30:10