Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Newcomers DBPro Corner / making your own editor

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
is it possible to make a program that would just stat out as a black screen and then from inside it you could type like

print "Hello"

and it would do it to the screen right in front of you?
Sit in reverie and watch the changing color of the waves that break upon the idle seashore of the mind.
[img src="http://atlas.imagemagician.com/images/spectrum©/DBProxlogo.bmp
"]
Whisper Wind
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th May 2003 06:24 Edited at: 4th May 2003 06:24
So you mean just like the darkbasic editor except the game updates instantly as you add new lines? If so, then it seems to me like it could be possible. Just script a little text box and have it check what you typed. You could program it so that if it matches up with a known command, then it would do that command. It seems like this would take a very long time, but if you really want it, I guess its possible.
Pal
Years of Service
User Offline
ya. Try to make it as a notepad. Its possible. but i don't know how to do it!

I am da man! Beware of my LAZER EYES!
LREM 8888
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th May 2003 12:40
Well, you might be able to do it so that first you type out the commands, you save it, then you start db on it using the command switches, but there is a catch which I know about because I've studied Direct3D

Quote: "You may only have one D3D exclusive window open at one time"

In simplistic terms, exclusive means full screen, non-windowed, so try using SET WINDOW ON (need newer than DB1.08) before you try it.

An orange can't be a tomato but a tomato can be orange...
Phoenix
Years of Service
User Offline
So you mean just have two windows open and whatever code you type into one will hapen in the other. Well I like that way so if it's possible please tell me how.

It's not really that important to me I don't have any reason to use it I was just wondering if you could do something like that.

Sit in reverie and watch the changing color of the waves that break upon the idle seashore of the mind.
Kentaree
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th May 2003 19:43
Uhm, technically, isnt this the same as the CLI (command line interface) does? You type in commands at the bottom of the screen, and they are performed on-screen. All you need to do is compile, preferably an empty program, and it starts up.

Whatever I did I didn't do it!

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-20 07:39:44
Your offset time is: 2024-09-20 07:39:44