Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Newcomers DBPro Corner / Is Lightwave compatible????????????

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Hey Im new in DarkBasic Pro and I was reading a couple of posts that were asking what 3d modeling program to use. I have lightwave and I would like to know if it is compatible with DarkBasic Pro.
Thamks.
Don Malone
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Jan 2007 04:29
I don't know which version of lightwave you are using so instead of a pat answer, I am just going to ask you to do a little search.

Down below the post forum message box are two search boxes. One for Thread Subject and one for Google Forum search. Just type Lightwave into the Thread Subject Search and leave the Entire Forum line selected.

You will most likely find your answer there.
Sorry could not be more help, but just maybe that will help some.

Making nothing for the third straight year.

BatVink
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Jan 2007 09:05
I would have thought that somebody who has spent a lot of cash on Lightwave would have a pretty good knowledge of what formats it can export.

Nabis
Years of Service
User Offline
i have version 8 and it was a gift from a freind of mine who doesnt use it anymore.
Slayer93
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Jan 2007 03:16
You can always try and see if it is compatible with DBPro by loading an object you make with Lightwave. You would have to export the model with the extension X.

Working on Boxed for NVIDIA compo. Check it out

KeithC
Senior Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Jan 2007 19:34
There are .X exporters for Lightwave, and Milkshape can convert .lwo into .x objects as well.

-Keith

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-25 17:34:54
Your offset time is: 2024-09-25 17:34:54