Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Newcomers DBPro Corner / The basic for a map editor...

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Jan 2007 16:29
Hi!
Can any1 tell me the most basic command for a map editor and how to do it? rly want to make my own map editor so i maybe learn some DBP

Mess with the bests, die like the restes!
Antidote
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Jan 2007 17:10
Map editors are pretty difficult. You might be able to get something setup where you can set some blocks up, but that would still be a challenge if you're new to programming. I'd suggest doing something simpler. Most people would tell you to start with pong, but you have to do something that interests you at the same time. Look through the tutorials and try editing them and learning some basic DB that way.

Hayer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Jan 2007 19:38
Just want to set up a program that creates a box or a sphere and those things where the use click... and a ground.

Mess with the bests, die like the restes!
Daemon
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Jan 2007 21:33
Quote: "where the use click"

Well, determining where a user is clicking in 3d space is interesting since the screen is only two dimensional. To find the coordinate you have to determine how far way the object should be. Once you've decided this you use something like-

This code does nothing by itself of course, and it is completely up to you to get the information which is in parenthesis. I just wanted to make you aware of how the pick screen command works since it is useful in what you are trying to make.

MadrMan
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Jan 2007 19:47
There's something in the codebase about clicking in 3d space.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-25 17:27:49
Your offset time is: 2024-09-25 17:27:49