Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Newcomers DBPro Corner / load bitmap...it does´nt work...

Author
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Jan 2007 18:04
what no earth ¡¡ this f...load bitmap command?

oh my god
Hayer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Jan 2007 19:56
load a image that is saved in a .bmp format and the position it on the screen maybe...

Mess with the bests, die like the restes!
IanM
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Jan 2007 20:20
When DBPro starts up you have one bitmap automatically (bitmap 0), which is used for everything you display on-screen. You can also create other bitmaps for other purposes, but you don't see these. Think of them as images that you can draw to.

This will load your bitmap to a new bitmap number 1.
LOAD BITMAP "Filename.bmp",1

If you don't specify the bitmap number, it will attempt to load the bitmap to your main display bitmap ... if it will fit properly, and the screen depth is correct.

Grog Grueslayer
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: Green Hell
Posted: 26th Jan 2007 23:26
If your working with single images its easier to use "load image" because you won't have to worry about grabbing the image for sprites or having to use "set current bitmap 0" to change the working screen (when you want to go to the only bitmap users can see).

"Load bitmap" is useful when you need to grab multiple images from a single image or when you need to modify the image before the user sees it.

chafari
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Feb 2007 01:20
hallo ...I think I found the problem ...if I load the bitmap from the project, I realized that it works ok..but if I try to do it from dba..then it fails...

I know that it works as well with LOAD IMAGE...but now.a.days every upgrade...meke me crazy..jeje...

thankyou everybody

oh my god
Grog Grueslayer
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: Green Hell
Posted: 8th Feb 2007 20:38
Upgrading makes us all a bit jumpy.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-25 17:22:41
Your offset time is: 2024-09-25 17:22:41