Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Models and Media / roof segments (special cealings for roofs)?

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
i just bought model pack 3 from fps thinkin it was all good and i would beable to make slanted roofs to walk on, so i made a building (3xsegments high) then put the outer roof pieces on the ones with overhang. Then i try to make it flat top and not just a totaly angled roof, but the floor segments just float in the air/ just dont connect to roof making it look like a real solid roof. i was wondering how to match it up so it looks like an actual roof?
any help would be great thnx
Locrian
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Jan 2007 18:46
Not sure what your saying here.....either a roof is picthed(e.g gable or hip) or its flat(e.g commercial).

If your talking something like this:

Those pitches(mono trusses) are just fastened to the front of the building to produce the pitch and sofit you see. Its a flat roof behind that though. It's just a false front.
dwayneG
Years of Service
User Offline
yes im trying to produce that effect just like that slanted roof but the top is flat but none of the segments align with the roof so it looks like the flat peices float above the slanted ones laeving a major gap in between
Locrian
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Jan 2007 20:09
Well getting it to line up again just takes 3 sections. It dose produce a lip, but this is very consistent with what a real commercial facade would look like.

I guess if your trying to keep the roof line lower and only 1 pitched section before it flattens out, your right , that cannot be done without a custom floor tile adjusted for the correct height(whatever the apex for the eve section of this truss segment is).

Be pretty easy to just import a converted x file into your modeling app and make a 100x100 pixel tile for your flat section of the roof, then line it up, using the truss section as a gauge.

Image below of the 3 section line up.

Attachments

Login to view attachments

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-10-01 05:17:05
Your offset time is: 2024-10-01 05:17:05