Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Newcomers DBPro Corner / relative control of a character , it´s possible?

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Jan 2007 19:29
Hi, I´m working in a game with a character that walks and shows a big place, controled by the arrows keys. When the character arrives at a special place I need that shows it, but that he moves arround the place with out control by the user, may be a specific animation, requieres A.I. for this, or another way it´s possible?
Hippie Dude
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Feb 2007 03:45
ummm. i think i understand what you mean. You could use very simple A.I., where that if the character enters a specific place you could have the enemy move left.

it would be very helpful for me to see your code
Manchu
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Feb 2007 05:55
Ok, I´m still developing this game No enemy, because it´s a educational game. Only I need to know if I can to do that a character in a precise time has autocontrol, not control by me. The character must shows a explains a place, walks arround any object, and then, when finishes to explain, another time I resume control over the character until the next important place. Now only can cover all the space with the character, by arrow keys cntrol. Ít´s a simple code, no complicated

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-25 17:28:42
Your offset time is: 2024-09-25 17:28:42