Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Newcomers DBPro Corner / My character falls from the matrix

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th May 2003 19:03
Hi there, I have a problem that I have a third person game but when I reach the edge of a matrix, my character just walks further like there's a flat matrix. what can I do to prevent my character from walking of the edge?
I know it is a question many have asked, but I can't find other topic about this issue. Isn't there a way to find topics at these forums, where I can, say, fill in a word and it finds all topics containing that word.
I thank you in advance.
One must keep his friends close,
but his enemies even closer. -The Godfather
Kentaree
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th May 2003 19:26
Well if the characters coordinates are x# and z#, and the matrix is 1000 wide and 1000 deep, you could use:

Adjust this to the size of your character, so he wont be half over the edge.

Whatever I did I didn't do it!
Karz
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th May 2003 01:43
Hey, it works! It is strange, but I already tried it and it messed up. I tried it just one more time and now it works. I did not save the code by which it did not work, so I will never know whether I did something wrong, or that there was just a conflict between things. Thank you for your help.

One must keep his friends close,
but his enemies even closer. -The Godfather

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-20 07:58:54
Your offset time is: 2024-09-20 07:58:54