Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Newcomers DBPro Corner / Old VB Dog learn new DB tricks?

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Hi All,
Hope you are well.

I am a old school VB head and heavily into making management type simulations games. What I would like to do is make a management game which combines the 2d elements of a traditional management game with a (semi) interactive 3D action sequences.

That said, is Dark Basic the best route? Can anyone show me some examples of similar games that have been made using DB?

Your expertise is appreciated.
BatVink
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Jan 2007 17:59 Edited at: 29th Jan 2007 19:53
Yes, DB is a good option. As a seasoned programmer, you should probably opt for pro.

Mnemonix and David T are the men to speak to, they do both DB and management sims. If I see them online, I'll give them a prod.

CattleRustler
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Jan 2007 19:44
DGDK.NET imho
the power of DB's DX Wrappage, but in OOP with a real IDE

http://darkgdk.thegamecreators.com/?f=dgdk_net

Michael Moore needs film making lessons from Aaron Russo: America: Freedom To Fascism
Zotoaster
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Jan 2007 21:13
I personally don't think DB is as good as VB in some cases. Mostly reguarding functionality. I.e, passing arrays as parameters.

Code Dragon
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Jan 2007 21:18
DB is a great route if you're going to be doing 3D. Pro has much more functionality, so definitely get Pro if you have the money.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-25 17:26:22
Your offset time is: 2024-09-25 17:26:22