Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Newcomers DBPro Corner / my images don't show up right

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
when I paste images to the screen they don't look anything like what it really is because the image is 24-32 bit and in the settings it will only let me select 16-bit so I am assuming that that is the problem if any one knows a solution to this please post it here.
Sit in reverie and watch the changing color of the waves that break upon the idle seashore of the mind.
BatVink
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th May 2003 02:27
That's a limitation of your card. If you only have 16 bit as an option, then that's what the card is reporting as it's possible modes.

For 3D apps, I wouldn't recommend going any higher anyway. Speed is of the essence, resources are at a premium.

Thanks in advance.
All the Best,
StevieVee
IanM
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th May 2003 04:09
Try updating your video drivers - a lot of people have had some luck with that.
Phoenix
Years of Service
User Offline
Thanks for responding but I can get more than 16-bit because under settings my comp is turned to 32-bit and that works. Also I don't really need it it's just that at the beggining of my games I would like it to flash an image but its so hard to read in 16-bit so I think I will update my video drivers but I don't know how to do that is there a web site please tell me.

Sit in reverie and watch the changing color of the waves that break upon the idle seashore of the mind.
spooky
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th May 2003 02:49
What do you mean by 'hard to read'. Difference between 16 bit and 24/32 bit shouldn't be that bad. Can you explain difference. Could be image just blurring which is default for 'load image' command. Stick a ,1 on end of load image command to force dbpro not to anti-alias piccy.

Gronda, Gronda
IanM
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th May 2003 15:17
To update your drivers, you'll need to find out what video card you are using.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-20 07:40:36
Your offset time is: 2024-09-20 07:40:36