Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Newcomers DBPro Corner / Using models and textures

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
I have downloaded models to use in my own game and converted them to .X Format the models load sucesfully but the textures dont show, i have placed the textures in the same directory, there can be as many as 8 textures of differant types jpg tga bmp bump maps, i have also tried converting the models to 3ds format the same happens, i am using Truespace 4 to do any alterations to the models but not that good at doing models my self, i can apply single textutes using the texture object command in dbpro how can i get round this proplem ?
Vandetta
Years of Service
User Offline
Thats odd if you have the textures in the same directory they should load onto the model. Try loading the models into a 3d modeler or viewer to make sure that the textures are actually on the models.

Scorpyo
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th May 2003 19:41
Actually your models may simply be raw meshes with no UV map settings..
if so they won't pick up any textures from DB
Another reason may be that models are exported without preserving the UV mapping (3D modelers normally have that option, but it may be unchecked )

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-20 08:03:25
Your offset time is: 2024-09-20 08:03:25