Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Newcomers DBPro Corner / help getting started

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
look. i have no expirience with this program, i have no programs to creat images or get 3d images from, and i have nobody to help me. i need help getting started. i have no idea where the best place is to start. all i van do is make a sphere, or cube or something like that, and make it move in all directions. i need to know where to start! Oh yeah, i am using DB pro! if i could have a very short term mentor, that would be great!

thx
indi
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Feb 2007 03:45
if you had posted your instant messenger address more people would be inclined to connect to you.

Kieran
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Feb 2007 10:30 Edited at: 3rd Feb 2007 10:31
ill tutor some basics if you can use MSN, my msn address is chaos-bladezX@hotmail.com

~Kieran
Herr Doktor Remulak
Years of Service
User Offline
Hello!

>look. i have no expirience with this program, i have no programs <to creat images or get 3d images from, and i have nobody to help >me. i need help getting started. i have no idea where the best >place is to start. all i van do is make a sphere, or cube or >something like that, and make it move in all directions. i need to >know where to start! Oh yeah, i am using DB pro! if i could have a >very short term mentor, that would be great!
=-=-=-

Me too!

I was about to post the very same thing, although I\'ve got this great set of tools I\'ve spent a lot of time and effort gathering: DB PRO, 3DS Max 9, Maya, PSP-CS2, et. etc. Now that it\'s come time I\'d like to actually do something cool with them, I see entering this field is really a much deeper endeavour than I\'d thought. Still, it\'s cool -- I\'m that much more motivated.

Not a clue as to the best starting place. Learn to model first Or program? Can UnrealEd which looks awesome be used instead of quake iii bsp in conjunction with DB PRO? IF you can\'t draw in the first place, should you pack up your toys, sell them, and have a drink or four?

In addition to DB PRO to have a real complete command set, what else do I need?

A referral to a really good TEACHING / LEARNING book rather than more reference manuals would be highly appreciated.

Are there any real in-depth and reliable tutorials out there on the web?

I used to be pretty good with my apple iie version of BASIC, though I\'ve forgotten most of it and havn\'tt the time to learn < nor still the capacity > to learn in that childish trial and error way kids have, you know, around 8-16 or so, so much fun to see hit just fall effortlessly into place.

Now my mind, at 34, demands systematicity.

Stay Noble All,
Herr Doktor Remulak
Stoic-Power@canada.com
Herr Doktor Remulak
Years of Service
User Offline
Whence come the "/"'s?
A Crazy Dutch
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Feb 2007 06:11
hello, i just recently joined this site and while i was going through the tutorials for dark basic i found a link that allowed me to download dark edit for free and it loaded just fine. but when i try to compile and execute the code it stops working and it gives me a window that says "error running core" and i was wondering why that was happening. could it be that i need dark basic first so that i can run dark edit or what? any help is greatly appreciated.
Herr Doktor Remulak
Years of Service
User Offline
You need the DB or DBPRO package first to run that.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-25 17:26:31
Your offset time is: 2024-09-25 17:26:31