Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Models and Media / Textures and Extractions

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Feb 2007 12:52
Yeah, Im not big on the "whole" media thing...just the scripting sort of stuff..but could someone help me out with these two thingos?

1.Texturing is confusing me. How can I edit textures of the stocked or un-stocked media? I can find the like say for example, "D2_gun". Were can I find it, and wat should i do it with?

2.How would i go about extract models from .exe games? Is it possible?

Cheers, Smithy.

When they no longer provide a means of entry, then we try harder, until then, you continue to spark anarchy, my fellow anarchists.- CEO, AN.
Opposing force
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Feb 2007 13:03
If you go to the files/gamecore/guns direcotry, all the textures for the guns are there. The D2 is the texture that the gun uses if shaders are turned off and the D tetxure is the base texture for when you have shaders turned on. With the shaders turned on, the S and N textures give the gun a metallic shine (bump mapping)

Quote: "How would i go about extract models from .exe games"

That's illegal unless you have permission to use them from the artist.

http://teammegabasic.proboards59.com
smith
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Feb 2007 04:49
Ok, thanks man.

If its one of your collegues, and they give you permission is it still illegal?

When they no longer provide a means of entry, then we try harder, until then, you continue to spark anarchy, my fellow anarchists.- CEO, AN.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-10-01 05:21:57
Your offset time is: 2024-10-01 05:21:57