Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Work in Progress / PurePLUGIN ... The ultimate DarkBASIC Professional PlugIN Creation System

Author
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Feb 2007 17:36
Hi all,

I'd like to talk you about my new product...
It's some sort of DarkBASIC Professional Plugin creation kit.

What does PurePLUGIN do ?
PurePLUGIN contain: 1 TPC Dll to put in Compiler/PlugINS-User and a set of PureBASIC .PB Includes. All these includes refer to the original DarkBASIC Professional's DLL. To resume, these DLL will Wrap the DarkBASIC Professional commands to make them Available from your PureBASIC DLL.

How can it be used ?
Really simply (DLL samples will be provided with the product).
In your DLL, you'll have the Constructor procedure that'll initialize your DLL (and Call the PurePLUGIN.dll in Compiler/PlugINS-User to get the needed informations). After this, you can create new DarkBASIC Professional commands from your DLL With ProcedureCDLL........ / .........EndProcedure
Inside your procedure, you can directly use DarkBASIC Professional Commands like:
DBPositionObject( ObjectID.l, XPos.f, YPos.f, ZPos.f )
It will directly call the correct DarkBASIC Professional DLL and function.

The interest ?
You want to share source code but don't want to expose some parts of it ? Simply put these parts into TPC DLL procedure.
You want to create new command sets and keep the code secret, add registration to your DLL and more, PurePLUGIN is perfect for you.

What is required ?
Of course, you'll need to have PureBASIC 4.xx and DarkBASIC Professional. PureBASIC 4.xx to create the TPC DLLs and DarkBASIC Professional to test them and use them.

Can we use PurePLUGIN Without DarkBASIC Professional ?
No you can't. PurePLUGIN Need DarkBASIC Professional and can only be used as a DLL Creation system. Any other uses are not allowed by the EULA...

When will it be released ?
Theorically, during February 2007 on http://www.odyssey-creators.com

All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us.
Duffer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Feb 2007 19:21
Hi Freddix - what are we talking about here?

Something that makes it v easy to turn procedures in purebasic into decent commands in Darkbasic via dlls dealing with things like string tables and perhaps generating commands .ini files would be superb?

a long time dabbler with DBC and DBPro with no actual talent but lots of enthusiasm...
Freddix
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Feb 2007 19:43 Edited at: 3rd Feb 2007 19:49
yes exactly.

It's a pack that makes DarkBASIC Professional TPC PlugIN Development easy using PureBASIC

in fact, when you'll develop a TPC Plugin For DarkBASIC Professional, you'll have in the Constructor procedure, the call for an internal procedure that setup all links to makes nearly all DarkBASIC Professional's native commands available from your DLL. so, for example, a small code like this one under DarkBASIC Professional :

Will Become inside your DLL:

And then you'll have to ADD a string table with the Procedure and your DLL become a TPC Plugin using DBPro Commands.

the system will perform all data casting for you for DarkBASIC Professional commands. For example, if DBPro must receive a string, you'll put directly the string inside the dbpro function (for example: DBLoadObject( Object$, ObjectID ) )

All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us.
Silvester
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Feb 2007 20:33
Very intresting application,too bad i dont own PB.

-Prince Of Darkness
Duffer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Feb 2007 23:35
@ Freddix - anyway you can take away the nightmare and sting of putting in the stringtables and generating (less of a problem but a chore) the .ini?

a long time dabbler with DBC and DBPro with no actual talent but lots of enthusiasm...
Aaron Miller
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: osu!
Posted: 4th Feb 2007 03:01
@Duffer
That would probably involve an external application which parses your PB source file for the functions, generating a file based on that. (Or, 2, if you want a .ini as well)

-db

Freddix
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Feb 2007 08:57
I will provide a set of no less than 20 string table uyou can put in your DLL with Resource Hacker and modify to create the command set.
With PureBASIC it's a bit easier because Procedures don't use decorated form.

The Main objective of PurePLUGIN is to allow an easy use of DarkBASIC Professional command set within the DLL. More to this, I can add support for some of the DarkBASIC Professional's plugin (this support work only if plugin is activated)

Gandalf said: "All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us"
Odyssey-Creators - X-Quad Editor - 3DMapEditor
Cash Curtis II
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Feb 2007 08:32
I'll definitely buy this, along with PB. I've got a couple plugins I've been wanting to make, I just haven't had time.

Come see the WIP!
RUCCUS
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Feb 2007 18:08
Count me in, Ive got some money set aside already, Ill be buying this, its a great idea Freddix.

:: Check out the new FPS Tutorial's Progress at http://www.freewebs.com/ruccus
along with code, media, and more.
Duffer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Feb 2007 14:48
@ Freddix, no doubt count me in anyway, but

will this include and cover every DBPro command (not including enhancement and add on packs)?

is there no way you could do that parsing to auto generate string tables, and .ini file draft? that would be a total winner....

Freddix
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Feb 2007 16:45
Actually, it can support nearly all commands. The only one I didn't add in support are the one using specific parameters (like array, etc...)
All DarkBASIC Professional commands using only float, integer, string as parameters/return value are supported.

Of course, I can add support to plugins (when doing new upgrades of the product of course, free upgrade for registered users)

I can't directly do auto parsing because of the TheGameCreators sting table crypt system ... however, I can add TheGameCreators plugins to the system, but it's a bit longer for me to do that.

the first release will support the native DarkBASIC Professional command set in and, upgrade will add time to time support for users asked plugins.

Gandalf said: "All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us"
Duffer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Feb 2007 17:19
@ Freddix,

Excellent - will it also support the mod, && >> type maths operators and bitwise operators in DBPro or would you code them in PureBasic?

Freddix
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Feb 2007 19:34
you would code them in PureBASIC.

Duffer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Feb 2007 10:14 Edited at: 10th Feb 2007 10:21
@ Freddix,

I have purebasic 4.0 but I'm not up on writing dlls...

In DBPro I can write several functions - the larger functions using several of the smaller ones.

If I was then to use purebasic and your plugin, if I wrote some code in purebasic and some of the functions in the code were to be commands in the dll but they relied on minor functions in the same code (minor functions not to be commands in the dll) would that be ok?

Given the above, perhaps some examples?

Freddix
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Feb 2007 11:04
in fact, you can create in your DLL procedure that are not exposed and that will not be available for the plugin user
For Example :

You have here 2 procedure but only one (MyCommand) will be exposed. That mean that you can create string table only for "MyCommand".

I hope it's what you asked.

Duffer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Feb 2007 13:25
@Freddix,

Yep - that's what I was asking about - spot on - excellent - when do you estimate your plugin will be ready for release?

Duffer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Feb 2007 15:44
@ Freddix,

>? How gows it? Release date?

Freddix
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Feb 2007 15:48
theorically before february ending...
I work to fix some minors issues on x4 and on PurePLUGIN helps and structures ...

Freddix
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Feb 2007 20:44 Edited at: 17th Feb 2007 20:46
The actual PurePLUGIN version handle this:

- Updated to work with DarkBASIC Professional + Upgrade 6.4
- Handle Plugin-Licensed: AdvancedTerrain.dll
- Handle Plugin-Licensed: DBProGameFX.dll
- Handle Plugin-Licensed: EnhancementsOV.dll
- Handle Plugin-User: DBProMultiPlayerPlusDebug.dll
- Handle Plugin-User: DBProODEDebug.dll
- Handle Plugin-User: ShaderDATA.dll (DarkSHADER)
(you can use these 6 plugins commands from within your future TPC Plugin with PurePLUGIN)

I will now complete the HELP available in PurePLUGIN and release it within the next few days ... And probably add support for eXtends plugin in PurePLUGIN before first release.

Support for more DarkBASIC Professional plugins if asked by futures PurePLUGIN users.

Soonly ...

Cash Curtis II
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Feb 2007 05:53 Edited at: 20th Feb 2007 06:55
Can you add support for Sparky's DLL (v2)? That would be very handy. That will allow me to iterate very quickly through collisions.

I can't wait to encapsulate my animation control system in a DLL. That will give me an instant FPS boost in my RPG engine. Along with Sparky's support, I'll had a collision feedback sound system, which will be ideal for encapsulation in a DLL.

In fact, I'll turn my entire game into a big PureBasic DLL

Come see the WIP!
Freddix
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Feb 2007 10:25
OK, I'll check for that.

If someone have any free DLL he want I integrate support in PurePLUGIN, feel free to ask this on the officiel PurePLUGIN forum at http://forum.odyssey-creators.com I have setup a post for these requests (and many others requests that can be made) :
http://forum.odyssey-creators.com/viewtopic.php?p=48

Freddix
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Feb 2007 01:48
Version 1.0 is ready.
It will probably be released tomorrow or before the end of the week.

Regards,
Fred
Odyssey-Creators

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-29 18:39:07
Your offset time is: 2024-09-29 18:39:07