Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Work in Progress / A little bit of extra internet security

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Feb 2007 15:11
I decided to do this as it can be irritating, deleting the temp files, history, etc. at the end of my browsing session, so I am working on a program that will do this for you as you go along. It will also protect your privacy online and hopfully prevent any unsavoury temp files nestling in your computer. This is a very early beta version, all it does is erase the temporary internet files as you go along, but it does work! (just as long as you remember to open this program before going online!) I am working on it, soon it shall delete other things (history, etc.) It only uses 16 meg of memory on my pc (may be diferent for others) but it shouldn't slow things up that badly, if at all.

"Fight the good fight of faith,
Lay hold on eternal life"
-1 Timothy 6:12

Attachments

Login to view attachments
Sonic 91 Software
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Feb 2007 17:26
OK, slight memory problem. After opening it on my way to TGC, it quickly started using 400mb of ram and rising. needless to say i closed it down straight away. is there a way to regulate how much memory a program uses, either in dbc or dbpro (this was created in dbc). the program uses a do...loop, combined with several file/directory commands, including "set directory" (or "cd").

"Fight the good fight of faith,
Lay hold on eternal life"
-1 Timothy 6:12
Silvester
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Feb 2007 18:05
In Goga's Free DBP plugin there is a command:

"CoolDown CPU 50 "
The 50 is how much % is must be decreased(The program runs slower though)

-Prince Of Darkness
dark coder
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Feb 2007 06:39
The CPU usgage has nothing to do with his issue, and the command from Gogeta's plugin s merely a Sleep command renamed, if you wish to limit the CPU usage just turn Sync Off, also your application will use alot of ram if you do things like creating huge arrays there's no way changing directories can use 400meg.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-29 18:39:19
Your offset time is: 2024-09-29 18:39:19