Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Author
User Banned
Posted: 11th Feb 2007 06:01 Edited at: 22nd Mar 2007 04:26
Well, my dad took my computer and rebooted everything to the way it was when I got it. All my maps are gone and everything. My sound card says it doesn't even exist anymore but it does. So the demo will be the full game because I'm discouraged to do this game making ever again. So WAH LAH! Read down and get the link.

Also I just wanna say you mods mad me mad changing my first post. i was posting the story change to see how they liked it, It wasnt a REAL change.

Attachments

Login to view attachments
Rilejarom
User Banned
Posted: 11th Feb 2007 06:12 Edited at: 11th Feb 2007 07:08
Screenie 2

Attachments

Rilejarom
User Banned
Posted: 11th Feb 2007 06:13 Edited at: 11th Feb 2007 07:09
Screenie 3

Attachments

Rilejarom
User Banned
Posted: 11th Feb 2007 06:15
Better screenies will be posted as soon as
Fraps stops crapping on me.

RedneckRambo
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Feb 2007 06:24
Could you post pictures of something else? All you shown us is a wall and silhouettes. By the way screeny 1 & 2 are the exact same.

Rilejarom
User Banned
Posted: 11th Feb 2007 06:44
Sorry about that. I've gone back and fixed that so don't worry.

Les Horribres
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Feb 2007 08:39
rename all screenies .jpg not .JPG

And get up some decent media... unless this forum has calmed down a bit, they might... get after you even more so then Jenkins about the lack of actual 'game play'.

Finally, Thank you, for curing my insomnia... oyasuminasi.

If you fear speaking for yourself, make use the words of others while discovering your own voice.
Owen
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Feb 2007 11:35 Edited at: 11th Feb 2007 16:34
I personally think it looks great,

I really like the lighting and how the rooms have a creepy feel to them

Keep up the good work

Owen,

The Names Owen, Oninmista n00b is now the past.
WINXP-FPSC-GIMP-ANIM8OR-1.5G.RAM-MOUSE-KEYBOARD-
www.owenwilliams.tk = WIP
Rilejarom
User Banned
Posted: 11th Feb 2007 16:26 Edited at: 11th Feb 2007 18:48
The first level is just a big run around in the dark with some light but not enough to see everything. Sometimes you gotta listen to hear if something is in the room with you. And your enemies aren't really "zombies." They are more like a human experiment gone bad. Others just got infected. The story is vague only because you cannot remember anything only up until something triggers a memory of someone saying something with a clouded flashback. In time the story gets revealed, but you'd have to play it in order to discover the plot.

Quote: " ...lack of actual 'game play'."

How is it you know I lack gameplay? Plus, If I lit it up to show you the enemies, I'd give away the effect.

*Will post more screenies. Having trouble with FRAPS.

phil17
Years of Service
User Offline
Cant you just use print screen.
Anyways looks good

When I step into this library, I cannot understand why I ever step out of it.
Rilejarom
User Banned
Posted: 11th Feb 2007 21:03
Yeah, I could but I thought Fraps was a better quality shot.
Anyways... glad to hear that from you.
I'm posting some more screenies.

*Screenie 4*

Attachments

Rilejarom
User Banned
Posted: 11th Feb 2007 21:04
Screenie 5

Attachments

Rilejarom
User Banned
Posted: 11th Feb 2007 21:05
Screenie 6

Attachments

Rilejarom
User Banned
Posted: 11th Feb 2007 21:06
Screenie 7

Attachments

AaronG
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Feb 2007 21:31
liking the gore

freakshow
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Feb 2007 21:50
This is lookin pretty good! cant wait!

Project:V, where something always lies in the shadows...
Formerly Crazy Al
Bloodeath 6 6 6
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Feb 2007 22:02
I wonder who made all that blood *cough cough* lol jk, but seriously it looks pretty nice so far, i just recc. you use darker lights, not white, white looks too...perfect

You'll Know When You See It.

Death has no end
Rilejarom
User Banned
Posted: 11th Feb 2007 22:03 Edited at: 12th Feb 2007 01:00
I almost have a demo ready. I've just been struggling with some rooms that aren't lightmapping, Which I'll put a double stab to the head for.
Quote: " I wonder who made all that blood *cough cough*"

Yeah, well who ever they were they were a genius. lol
In the full game I'm gonna put you in the credits and as for the lights, I think I'll leave them white or at least some of them.

Inspire
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Feb 2007 00:24
Quote: "the opening credits was hard drive consuming. (About 400 mb) "

Please don't say it's that big in the demo because if it is nobody will download it.

Rilejarom
User Banned
Posted: 12th Feb 2007 01:08
I've got first level done. Will release demo by the end of the week.
I also have another screenie.

Attachments

Owen
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Feb 2007 01:35
Nice Screenie

The Names Owen, Oninmista n00b is now the past.
www.owenwilliams.tk = WIP
http://www.leehotti.com/images/store/big/pwned.jpg
Rilejarom
User Banned
Posted: 12th Feb 2007 17:11
Thanks. I've started working on the second level. I'm going back and adding fog to level one because it would just add the extra "bam" to it. Will post screenies soon. And as for lightmaping, I've fixed it.

Gee 23 Spark
Years of Service
User Offline
I like this. I'll download your demo.
And as for Jenkins, quit flaming! The dude has nice shots! Can't wait to play this. I've played a game he has made be4 this and it kicked butt.

Given a shock 2 yaz system!
Inspire
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Feb 2007 02:42
When was Jenkins flaming? He was just telling what he saw, and you could say this in other situations, but in my opinion he did nothing.

Rilejarom: If you want this game to be scary, you will need to try other things besides darkness and bloody areas. Just a suggestion.

Rilejarom
User Banned
Posted: 13th Feb 2007 03:43
Don't take this s an insult but I don't see much coming from you either Insipire . What do you suggest then?
I've got spawn points if that helps anything. One is were you go into this room and when you get to this certain point your turn around and there is a "mutant" behind you that wasn't there before. It's suppost to be more action anyways. I just wanted to show the player that something went bad while you were in your "subconsious" state.
Screenie from second level will be posted soon.

Inspire
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Feb 2007 22:04
I haven't been on the forums for that long, but I have been using FPSC for about a year and half (I think two years by now). You haven't seen my stuff because I haven't posted it yet (new stuff anyway).

The thing is, the scariness in my game is coming from the story (haven't posted yet), custom media that I'm working on (not posted) and custom scripts (not posted).

If it's more action, then what you're doing suits the game. I thought it was supposed to be a horror game, not a action(ish) game.

Gee 23 Spark
Years of Service
User Offline
When you gonna post some more stuff? And he was to flamin. You can't judge a game by it's screenshots. It's like judging a book by it's cover.

Rilejarom
User Banned
Posted: 14th Feb 2007 18:52
The Demo has been release but I'll add the link later as soon as testing is over. I can't add screenshots right now but later on today I am. I'm not really getting as much attention as I hoped to get. So if you could tell some people about this, I'd be happy.

Inspire
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Feb 2007 18:59 Edited at: 14th Feb 2007 19:00
No. Judging a game by it's screenshots is like judging a book by some of the pages.

Rilejarom: You aren't getting attention because you aren't using custom media, or your game doesn't look unique and / or promising. Post some more, and release the demo, and see how to turns out.

Inspire
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Feb 2007 21:54
I am actually an American too, in case you were wondering. My screenies show my custom media, and yours don't, so try showing your media in your shots (I'm really interested in the labcoat idea).

smith
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Feb 2007 23:08
Looks awesome man. especially the demented doctor thing. Were'd you get that thing from?

down with vista and direct x 10
Inspire
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Feb 2007 23:19
Um..Model Pack 4?

Rilejarom
User Banned
Posted: 15th Feb 2007 04:29
Yeah. Model pack 4. Anyways, texturing is my skill. not to much on modeling... just texturing.
ANNOUNCEMENT: Demo has bugs and I'm prolonging release. You'll have to wait maybe a few more days. Also I'm posting more screenies. ( Level 2) And like I said earlier, he's going to have labbcoat sleeves and maybe blue latex gloves or bare hands. Tell me which would be cooler.

*ABOUT HALF-LIFE 2 ZOMBIE*

Of coarse I'm not that stupid to sell the game with this model but it is just a test game. If you've got any zombie models you care to share with me, I'd be happy. i'm low on money though seeing how I've bought every model pack.

Attachments

Rilejarom
User Banned
Posted: 15th Feb 2007 04:31
Screenie of lower parking lot.

Attachments

OnWelfare
Years of Service
User Offline
Looks awesome! Reminds me alot of Condemned which is my favorite horror game.
Gee 23 Spark
Years of Service
User Offline
Looks cool. Yeah I like the labcoat idea too.

Inspire
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Feb 2007 04:00
I think the labcoat would be the best choice.

For the parking lot, I recommend retexturing some of the cars, maybe selecting the white paint and color balancing it blue or something.

Rilejarom
User Banned
Posted: 16th Feb 2007 20:28 Edited at: 16th Feb 2007 21:36
I've changed the game now so you play as Doctor Brock Robenson and a guy he meets named Ramsey Swanson. When you meet Ramsey he claims that he was on the resistance team that was fighting off all these creatures. He says that most of them have been turned except for the most elite of elites. You'll know who you are when you see who is following you or most times by which hands you have.

Zdrok
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Feb 2007 14:53
Looks good, Rilejarom, but zombie/horror games are a dime a dozen today, but WW2 games are a penny a dozen. I got, like, 5 of 'em for the classic XBOX. And thanks for commenting on GunCell: Chrome Soldier, Rilejarom. That made me feel good.

GunCell: Chrome Soldier

Arriving in 2007.
Rilejarom
User Banned
Posted: 17th Feb 2007 18:44 Edited at: 17th Feb 2007 18:45
JESUS HELP ME! It's like HALF-LIFE! Not like LETS GO SLAY SOME ZOMBIES game. Of coarse you battle "mutants" but you also fight the ELITE resistance team when you're Doctor Robenson. You just fight mutants when you are Ramsey.
I'm not so mad at you it's just how everyone already assumes this is a zombie thriller.

Rilejarom
User Banned
Posted: 17th Feb 2007 18:48
I'm taking a big step but seeing that this game is not getting attention like that GONE project.... HOW ABOUT SUGGESTIONS? Obviosly no one want to play this but .000000000002% of this forum. So go ahead and shoot. I'm listening.

evil man
Years of Service
User Offline
That game looks good,keep it up!

The FPS creator is the coolest thing I ever used!
Zdrok
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Feb 2007 19:15
@ Rilejarom, sorry I got you all mad. I wasn't reading right. My suggestions are:

Less blood.

More scenery (dead bodies, guns lying around [make them static first], and horror stuff. Bones, skeletons, etc.

More than just a Deagle as your gun.

That's all I have. Hopefully, I'll be able to download this, but if I don't, sorry.

GunCell: Chrome Soldier

Arriving in 2007.
Rilejarom
User Banned
Posted: 18th Feb 2007 04:39 Edited at: 18th Feb 2007 04:39
That's okay, I'm just going through a writers block right now and there is more weapons than a Desert Eagle. I just started it off nice and slow. Most likely this game will get face paced after level one or two.
WEAPONS TO ALREADY EXPECT:

Desert Eagle

Axe

Shorty (Shotgun)

AUG (Battle Riffle)

Sniper Rifle

AK47

and some more.

Plus if anyone wants to design a city for me I'd be most grateful. I want a city setting but I really don't feel like designing it. If you could send me the level file if you have made or create one I'd appreciate it. (I have all the packs so feel free to use anything you have.)

Rilejarom
User Banned
Posted: 19th Feb 2007 16:19
http://www.syefye.zoomshare.com

Above I've posted a link to my site. Visit our forum please if you go.

Will post more screenies soon.

stevenup 7002
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Feb 2007 17:48
The game looks good. I like to seeing zombie games these days! XD. Im joking. This game looks very good and I like your lightmapping. Have you got a price tag for the game yet?

Founder Owner and President of Motron Games!
http://motronsoftware.com
Rilejarom
User Banned
Posted: 19th Feb 2007 23:40 Edited at: 20th Feb 2007 00:03
I don't know if it's worth selling. Darkest Island was good and he didn't sell it. IDK but if I do it's $10.00 USD.
I'd prob. set it up through paypal but idk if I'm selling or not.

STORY CHANGE!

If you have already not... re-read the first post. I've worked out a better story. THANKS.

Pertti
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Feb 2007 12:56
Are those cars from a model pack?
Rilejarom
User Banned
Posted: 20th Feb 2007 16:15 Edited at: 20th Feb 2007 16:16
No. You can get it at http://www.fpsfree.com.

stevenup 7002
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Feb 2007 03:12
I would definetly buy it for $10. There a good site you can use for this, I think it was called omthing like payloadz, but I cant be too sure. As for the new story line, I prefered the old one much more.

Co-Founder, President, CEO and Head Programmer of Motron Software. http://www.motronsoftware.com

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-06-29 02:42:32
Your offset time is: 2024-06-29 02:42:32