Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Newcomers DBPro Corner / Darkedit question

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Feb 2007 04:04
I was wondering if you had to have Dark basic on your computer to be able to use dark edit. that is the only reason i can think of for why my computer keeps displaying a window saying "error running core" every time i try to compile and execute code in dark edit. any help is greatly appreciated.
TDK
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Feb 2007 06:26
Quote: "I was wondering if you had to have Dark basic on your computer to be able to use dark edit."

Of course you do lol!

DarkEdit is only a text editor which some people use rather than the awful one built into Dark Basic. When you run your program, the program you write is passed to Dark Basic itself... which by the sound of it you don't have.

TDK_Man

Grog Grueslayer
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: Green Hell
Posted: 13th Feb 2007 23:54
If you want to try programming in Darkbasic download the Darkbasic Pro trial:

http://darkbasicpro.thegamecreators.com/?f=trial

A Crazy Dutch
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Mar 2007 23:00
I use darkbasic in school but my computer at my house doesn't have it and if I did load it onto my computer it would probably kill it instantly if I tried executing a program in it. lol. that's how horrible my computer is. thanx for the help tho.

Shlinty...or should I say Shlintay!

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-25 17:27:20
Your offset time is: 2024-09-25 17:27:20