Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Models and Media / [LOCKED] My apology to all new users I offended, free objects, with more to come.

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
I apologize for that thread I made. I now realize that I was a noob once, I've been making games since I was 12 (I'm now 20), and I now remember how hard it was for me to "fit in" with the more experienced game developers.

Sorry to all the newer users I offended. For now I on, I shall not use the word "noob".

Here's my free elevator, I'll post more objects later.

Attachments

Login to view attachments
Smitho
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Feb 2007 20:16
You are 20 and acted like that!?

WOW! I swear to god I thought you were like 8 or something...
Youve got some serious growing up to do..

That C++ Nerd
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Feb 2007 20:21 Edited at: 12th Feb 2007 22:55
I acted that way because a new user insulted me, telling me how he hates me, and a list of ALL the users he hates on these forums.

First he e-mailed me saying he hated me, then he e-mailed me saying he hates and experienced users. So I Retaliated with that post.
jordmans
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Feb 2007 20:29
well at least he made progress ...he apoligizes and gives a free model...thats the way uhu uhu we like it... uhu uhu

That C++ Nerd everyone makes mistakes...

greetz jordmans

Visit my site for free fpsc stuff!! http://jordmans.blogspot.com/
tyrano man
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Feb 2007 10:44
well done for appologizing, you'll fit in in no time at all only took me like 2 months. good luck.

Woot Kingdom hearts owns!
JohannesM
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Feb 2007 11:16
Appology accepted. Hope you won't go down the wrong path again.

www.freewebs.com/supahsfpscstuff THE FORUM IS UP! JOIN NOW AND GET UNREALEASED MODEL PACK! Space open for first 3 joiners.
Cherd
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Feb 2007 17:30
yeah i think we have all had our "moments", takes bottle to own up to it and apologise, instead of just changing your forum name and pretending to be someone else lol

Burianu
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Feb 2007 19:40 Edited at: 21st Feb 2007 05:42
I try to play it safe by not talking so much. Mostly because I havn't gotten on everybodys good side by giving anything to the community besides a cruddy beanbag.
Phlum
Years of Service
User Offline
Although I don't know about this post, we accept your "apollo"gy (little nooby pun) and hope you have a great time here!
Also, thanks for the elevator!

I'm no mod, it's just my avatar.
Silvester
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Feb 2007 21:04
Quote: "instead of just changing your forum name and pretending to be someone else lol"

That doesnt apply to me.No...

Nah,i did that a while back,just not to get known i changed everything after being gone for a while.

-Prince Of Darkness
freakshow
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Feb 2007 23:50
yeah burianu me too...lol...
I kinda keep my replyin to a minimum ,for fear of makin mistakes cause SOME ppl (not mentioning any names) really come down hard on some ppl.

But thanx C++ for the elevator, good luck with your turn-around!

Project:V, where something always lies in the shadows...
Formerly Crazy Al
RedneckRambo
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Feb 2007 00:21
Quote: "I kinda keep my replyin to a minimum ,for fear of makin mistakes cause SOME ppl (not mentioning any names) really come down hard on some ppl."

I have to admit to that. I post constantly and I seem to push people down A LOT.

I haven't downloaded an elevator yet, but thanks for it.

darimc
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Feb 2007 00:59 Edited at: 21st Feb 2007 01:00
I'm still a newbie but I forgive u.

When I first joined I got in a huge friggin arguement and it ruind my rep, but I never did anything since and people kinda respect my modeling skills, or they say they do, anyway ur forgiven

EDIT: oh and smitho, be nicer hes only human.

go to:
www.freewebs.com/futurefps
www.chainoffreedom.com.piczo.com
ak470000
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Feb 2007 17:51
Quote: " kinda keep my replyin to a minimum ,for fear of makin mistakes cause SOME ppl (not mentioning any names) really come down hard on some ppl."

I'm glad I'm not the only one thats been noticing this. I think this could be a good opportunity to reflect on the way we've all been acting toward eachother because this forum has developed a strange breed of disrespect, almost to the point where it has become natural to act this way on this forum.

Nobody blames you C++ we all understand.
Smitho
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Feb 2007 17:56
Quote: "EDIT: oh and smitho, be nicer hes only human."

Im not even going to bother saying what Im thinking, since it has nothing to do with you...

Anyway, I do agree, it takes some pride to apolagise. I apolagise for how I replied, but its just my opinion.

Locrian
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Feb 2007 20:15 Edited at: 22nd Feb 2007 20:20
Since this is continuously bumped I'll put in my 2 cents.

Don't do stuff you'd have to apologize for. Easy as that. You've got plenty of time to think before hitting "post".

You can say "We all make mistakes", and this may be true for real life, this does not hold true for the internet. See you have time to re-read your post, check it for spelling, etc. You hit post because you were trying to come off like someone that knew something. Perhaps like others that post off colored at times, and it back fired. It wasn't a mistake. It's only a mistake because people got in an uproar.

Personally, I don't accept apologies on line. I believe a persons first words are a true representation of the personality. The only reason one would apologize is so they can better mask it to the group later in the hopes they they welcome him/her back in. Has little to do with having pride or whatnot in my estimation, but more the only way they see to cover up how their personality got on everyone's nerves.

Do I really care what happens here? No, I'm just board with seeing at the top of the forum with people patting him on the head going "It's OK, we all forgive ya mann....". Rolfy's elevator was better anyways, so I'd much rather see people bump that thread.

Look at his post:
Quote: "and I now remember how hard it was for me to "fit in" with the more experienced game developers.

Sorry to all the newer users I offended. For now I on, I shall not use the word "noob"."

Um...hes still a new developer around here to most of us, and looking at his join date he's a "newer users" himself.

The thread just smacks of "I'm still better then you but I got caught"

And he's nobody
FredP
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Feb 2007 21:05 Edited at: 22nd Feb 2007 21:06
Not trying to jump in and bump this again but Loc has a point.
I have had people accuse me of being a dictator...
In real life,if you open you mouth and say something stupid that's one thing...
You can't change it and you can't take it back.
Before you post you can read over your post,change what you want,etc.
I have read crap like I wasn't feeling good,I was having problems,I was mad at my stuffed pig...
If you can't control what you post then please...please turn of the darn computer and walk away and work things out with your stuffed pig.
You can post later.
If you do post something stupid and you are not on Post Approval you can use the edit post button to change it.
There are two types of apologies...
Apologizing because you made a mistake.
Apologizing because you got busted.
Only you can know for sure which type of apology that you made.
I bet I do.

rolfy
Years of Service
User Offline
I wouldn't normally bother to respond to something like this,but I assure you guy's if you had actually read the thread c++ posted you wouldn't all be giving it 'welcome back,we all make mistakes mate'.
He obviously requested that particular thread be removed after posting this one,he said nothing about coming across the way he did in the original thread when asked why his model wasn't for noobs,in fact he continued his rant about how noobs dont deserve his models.
Now he say's he was defending other more experienced members.
I dont believe this dribble is still floating around the first page of the forum.
If you feel you cant post because you fear being put down,it's because you had nothing to say in the first place.
FredP
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Feb 2007 22:39
I think (I can't remember for sure...I've slept since then) I removed it because I was...the only word I can think of to use and still fall within the AUP is...angry.Really angry about that post.
If anybody wants to download this stuff that's fine but I am not downloading anything from him...I simply refuse to use his media after what happened.
I'm a moderator so if somebody comes back and apologizes that's well and good for everybody else.
But it's my job to make sure that what happened doesn't happen again.
And I am going to try to to say anything else about this because I am getting upset.
All I know is if somebody kissed up to me to try to make up for something like that it would just make me madder...
But how each and every forum members handles this is up to them to decide.

smith
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Feb 2007 08:33
...Nice elevator...

Anarchy Now UK> 2007
SKULL MONKEY
Years of Service
User Offline
lol I swear to god I dont have a very good reputation here...not a good one at all

.....Guess who I am........xD
Sevey
Years of Service
User Offline
i love u ALL

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-10-01 08:13:34
Your offset time is: 2024-10-01 08:13:34