Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Work in Progress / Secret Knock Beta Test

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Feb 2007 00:36
Secret Knock technology is a new technique I created to make passwords far more secure. I have already found some flaws in it that I am working on fixing (such as encryption). Attached with the exe is information about how it works and what you should test for.

So basically what it does is it is a password but it needs to be inputed with the same "rhythm" each time. So if the first character key is pressed in for 4 seconds then the password will not work if it is pressed in for 1 second.

To start select to create a new password then once you do press enter to save it and the program will turn off automatically. The re-enter the program and select to enter the old password then try to make sure it works with the same "rhythm".

Let me know if there are any problems with it and try to by pass the security (note: I have already found a few flaws that I am fixing right now). Also let me know if the "rhythm" sensetivity
should be increased or decreased (right now the key can be re-entered at 0.6 seconds more or less than how it was saved when first created).

- Thank you for beta testing!

On a scale from one to ten one being very smart and ten being an absolute genius your none of the above

Attachments

Login to view attachments
HyperByte
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Feb 2007 22:21
Im almost done working on the new beta so I would appreciate your input as to what should be added/modified on it.

On a scale from one to ten one being very smart and ten being an absolute genius your none of the above
Big Man
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Feb 2007 10:11
havent downloaded but I think that rhythm thing is a really interesting idea only thing I can see as a problem is how sensitive is it?? I mean like If when the user inputs a password and the first character is held for 2.54 seconds and when the password is input again and the user holds it for 2.55 seconds will it still work??

BM

Our aim is to keep the loo's clean, your aim can help.

HyperByte
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Feb 2007 00:30
yes it will it currently will work for 0.6 seconds more or less than the first time. I still have to experiment with the best sensitivity to use and your input is greatly appreciated.

Spopovich
Years of Service
User Offline
That is pretty cool, the sensitivity is pretty good. My first password of 4 characters I was able to replicate on my first try. My second password of 11 characters took me 3 tries to get, which isn't too bad. My suggestion is if you could have the person enter the password in 3 times or so, and then take an average of all the taps. You might get a better sampling of the rhythm. Another cool feature you could add in is to have the program play back your password the first time you entered it, so that you could be sure you entered the correct thing.

Do not ask what the forums can do ask what you can do for the forums.
HyperByte
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Feb 2007 01:58
Thanks for your input Spopovich . Those are good ideas. I am currently working on a newer beta that will have some new features such as encryption, advanced sensitivity and I like your idea about finding the average.

The next beta won't be to much of an upgrade but it will give you guys a chance to try out new features and to hopefully get more people to test it. The version after that will have tons of new security added to it and the main purpose of that beta will be for you guys to try to crack/bypass it.

El Goorf
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Feb 2007 10:59
Very nice, reminds me of the idea some bank had where the the signature wasnt the logo on paper, but the way you held the pen.
HyperByte
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Feb 2007 21:37 Edited at: 18th Feb 2007 21:42
Here is the newest beta for Secret Knock!

the following has been added:

- encrypted files
- password practice
- user can choose what sensitivity to use

Tell me what you think of it and let me know of any bugs/glitches with it. (Especially with the sensitivity I think something might be wrong with it but I couldn't see a problem.)

Attachments

Login to view attachments
HyperByte
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Feb 2007 22:54
What do you think of it so far. Do I need to fix any glitches?

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-29 18:35:05
Your offset time is: 2024-09-29 18:35:05