Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Dark Physics & Dark A.I. & Dark Dynamix / physic & AI - Challenges

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th May 2008 15:18 Edited at: 14th Nov 2008 23:26
Edit

!********************************************************!
!************* The Fireworks Challenge ******************!
!********************************************************!

Here is the new challenge

the rules are as follows.
(1)It must explode.
(2)It must have a way to lauch, ie fired from the gound and exploded from a plunge box.
(3)There can be more than one firework.
(4)And as always no media

This challenge ends on the 14th of December, this was made as a follow up to the 5th of Novenbers bombfire night end date for the spinning tops challenege.
Have fun making your fireworks & as always good luck to all who enter.

go to last page to see the final post

!*****************************************************!
!************** The Spinning Top Challenge *******************!
!*****************************************************!

The Spinning Top challenge is now over, but if you wont to post your work here then fell free to do so.

Here it is a new challenge by HowDo.

the rules are as follows.
(1) It must spin.
(2) It must have a way to lauch, ie fired from a gun or sling etc.
(3) There can be more than one spinning top.
(4) And as always no media

This challenge ends on the 5th of Novenber, so remember remember the 5th of Novenber, gun powder plot & toil.
Have fun making your spining tops & as alway good luck to all how enter.

go to last page to see the final post

!*********************************!
!*****RUBE GOLDBERG CHALLENGE*****!

The RUBE GOLDBERG challenge is now over, but if you wont to post your work here then fell free to do so.

the new challenge by bergice
winner of the last physic & AI challenge

If you dont know what a rube goldberg machine is then: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1kvdq8cRNBM

This will be built with Dark Physics.

Try to be creative and take advantage of cloth, joints, and other things to make the best rube goldberg

Remember NO MEDIA.

Have fun and remember, this doesnt have to be the best, so dont work too much on it

this challenge starts 20th Aug 2008 and will finsh on 20th Sep 2008

*** FPS Challenge ***

FPS challenge is now over, but if you wont to post your work here then fell free to do so.

howdy all, I hope you like a challenges.
I`v added an FPS challenge, so that you peps have got some thing to work on.

try hard to make a good FPS game, It could be the type of thing that you would send to a games company.

Use all the things you like in a next or old gen game.
the only rules are use dark physic or AI you don`t have to use both, and have no loaded media in your games, only programed media is excepted.

I`ll add a game of my own to this post, but won`t add my own game to the challenge itself, be`cos my judgment would be a bit unfair.

you have one month two get it done, I`ll pick the winner, and who ever wins, it would be nice if you would pick the next challenge.

Add a post to enter!

I`v added links to other posts to help get you started.

this is from my raycasting post.
http://forum.thegamecreators.com/?m=forum_view&t=127692&b=30

her is a bergice post that I have posted to.
http://forum.thegamecreators.com/?m=forum_view&t=127715&b=30

her is a Markswii post that I have posted to, as well as added a image download to.
http://forum.thegamecreators.com/?m=forum_view&t=125961&b=30

here is a Ric post that has other challenges on, its a none physics or AI post, but it is very interesting.
http://forum.thegamecreators.com/?m=forum_view&t=48011&b=1

heres a new one I`v posted to by the user Aero81, this post is about fluid emitter, this gave me an idea about making my NPC bleeding out fluid, NICE!
http://forum.thegamecreators.com/?m=forum_view&t=130317&b=30

here is a link posted by Lukas W, and its all about his FPS his working on.
http://forum.thegamecreators.com/?m=forum_view&t=131461&b=30&p=0

here is a link to a Fa1con post, it all about AI
luck.[/b]http://forum.thegamecreators.com/?m=forum_view&t=126519&b=30&p=0

[b]have fun and good

soul sucking devils, twisted body of the damed, slivering slim drips from every poor, sin licking at your ears, and the smell stinging your eyes, and if you don't like it, get out of my kitchen!
bergice
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th May 2008 16:55
I have made a media less game with dark physics which is a kind of sanbox game!

I will re-make it and upload

Dont delete my sig mods, it is 600X120...
Slash!
bergice
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th May 2008 19:56 Edited at: 27th May 2008 20:01
Here is a beta of my sandbox

I will include other functions like "make tower","make wall","make domino" and other things.

There will be missions.

They will be RUBE GOLDBERG MACHINE mission styled

For example, you must make a slide to drop a ball into a wall so it can get through

[EDIT]

No help info or anything on that one.
I am fastly working on this

Slash!

Attachments

Login to view attachments
bergice
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th May 2008 21:47
Here is the beta version 2

Simply copy and paste

And btw, i might consider using Dark Lights

Slash!
bergice
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th May 2008 23:02
More updates!

Just some small ones plus sounds!

The sounds are built-in

Lite:

Full:

Muaha, that one is not finished
It includes Dark Lights, and lots of other stuff, so not yet

Slash!
sindore
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th May 2008 02:26 Edited at: 2nd Jun 2008 18:07
hay bergice nice work, but you may wont to edit that last post,
be`cos it had sounds that are not on a download.

you have broken the golden rule, no media mwhahahaaa!.. lol!

but I`m guessing that you just adding to help out, so I`ll let you off this time. lol!

I will allow media for posts, but not for your finished FPS game/project for the challenge.

nice work in such a short time.

so to all keep an eye on what you add to your code.

********************* Reply to HowDo **********************

Quote: "
I would have thought that any media that came with DBPro and DPhy and is built in to windows as standard would be all right, as long as the code can find where it hiding on your system.
"

HowDo sorry mate you can`t do it, its still media, dbp primitives object are ok, as to are images you code.

It must be that way so that every one can run it.

(example)

what if you code in a model that you think is standard to your system but its not to every one else?

they wont be able to run your code, and thats a drag on time, be`cos they have to go throe your code and sort it out bit by bit, which blows, cos if what you`v done is no good, then they have to spend all that time that they could be using to make there game, on fixing your game, and thats not on, not for this challenge

(end example)

sorry to put it like that but I wont ever one to see why I set out the challenge like this.

HowDo be`cos it toke me so long to get back to you on this, I will give you a 4 day on top of this 24 days that are re-mane, good luck hope to see some cool stuff soon.

PS if you post as you go, ever one keep up to date on your project, how ever if you wont to post at the end time of the challenge, and be sneaky, you can to just let me know that you have entered.

soul sucking devils, twisted body of the damed, slivering slim drips from ever poor, sin licking at your ears, and the smell stinging your eyes, and if you don't like it, get out of my kitchen!....
HowDo
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th May 2008 14:41
I would have thought that any media that came with DBPro and DPhy and is built in to windows as standard would be all right, as long as the code can find where it hiding on your system.

Await what you think.

Dark Physics makes any hot drink go cold.
bergice
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th May 2008 15:18
I would say that is a no-media.

The sounds are built-in, but i can of course remove them

Slash!
bergice
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th May 2008 18:52
Havent got much time to work on this today, because i am working on my guitar hero game and a game called war zone

But still, i think that it should be allowed to use the load commands, as long as the game only gives an exe file

Slash!
sindore
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 31st May 2008 21:18 Edited at: 26th Jun 2008 01:49
ok I`v made 2 guns and 16 texture for your no media games.
1st gun name(N.POS Rife)
2nd gun name(STINGER 800)

this code is N.POS Rife model.

this code is the STINGER 800 model

here are some media free textures to add to your games

these guns where both made in a day, as to was the textures, just think of what you could make in a month.

help your self to these guns and texture to add into your FPS games for this challenge, just give me credit for them.

her is just a thing to add to your games, I call it (RC Unit) to recharge my weapon.

her is the code for the (RC Unit)

this is just a basic crate.

here is the basic crate.

hay I know this guy sucks but he will do for the time being,
I used the guy that dp used to make the rag dolls.

here is the code for the red man

if any one can edit the red man model to animate in code, for example, walking / gun lock / dual gun lock / die / idle, etc.
I would of done this but I`m running out of time.

here is a piece of what my level will look like, you can all use it if you wont.

here is the code for this building

here is an image of the new building I made

here is th code for it

soul sucking devils, twisted body of the damed, slivering slim drips from every poor, sin licking at your ears, and the smell stinging your eyes, and if you don't like it, get out of my kitchen!

Attachments

Login to view attachments
bergice
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 31st May 2008 21:51
That is awesome!

I really have to get some skills on making media-less objects.

When i think twice, you can actually make really advanced objects with bitmaps and objects and limb gluing

Really nicely done sindore

Programming Recorder: 2,5 months of dark basic
sindore
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Jun 2008 07:28 Edited at: 1st Jun 2008 20:25
I`m still working hard at it, I wont others to have what I`v made, be`cos I know ever one is making there hone games and don`t have time to work on small thing like media for this callenge, I wont 2 see what you pep`s make of the media`less media I made.

like what bergice made with his textures, and hope all like what I`v done with my weapons, I will also add texture as well.

I think I`m going 2 see if you can make sounds in dbp to, but don`t think you can throe, dose any one know if you can make sounds instead of loading them?

bergice thanks for complement, hope you don`t give up on this challenge, I think what I`v seen of your work on this post is good, and hope to see moor.

could you post some pics of your guitar hero and war zone games, it would be nice to see what your working on.

but I would not like to take you away from your mane project,the guitar hero game sound like it would be fun, but this is only for a mouth, and just think what you could make in that time, you may even find something more to add to your mane projects, by doing this side project.

I`m adding a hands to, but need to do some work on them 1st.

I`m using it as my 3rd weapon for telekinesis and holding my guns, using my ray casting post, I`v made a fire system for the telekinesis objects, so that a crate/weapon/ammo/rook can be herald at an NPC of which would gain damage from the attack.

HowDo are you having a go at this challenge?
it would be nice to see some of what you get up to, I see you on a lot of posts and guess that you are a hardened programmer, lets see something cool that you`v made, pleas!.. lol.

good luck all, and don`t forget have fun with this challenge, and if you don`t make the dead line, I`ll do a late runner award, but the same rules applies, I`ll give all late runners a extra two week to finish, but if you still don`t finish your projects by then post it anyway, I`ll still tell you what I think.

should work out good, be nice to see what you guys think of my next post.

soul sucking devils, twisted body of the damed, slivering slim drips from ever poor, sin licking at your ears, and the smell stinging your eyes, and if you don't like it, get out of my kitchen!....
bergice
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Jun 2008 16:25 Edited at: 1st Jun 2008 16:27
Quote: "like what bergice made with his/her textures, and hope all like what I`v done with my weapons, I will also add texture as well."

His

Quote: "I think I`m going 2 see if you can make sounds in dbp to, but don`t think you can throe, dose any one know if you can make sounds instead of loading them?"

I dont think dark basic supports that.
But only thing would probably make a dll for it.

Quote: "bergice thanks for complement, hope you don`t give up on this challenge, I think what I`v seen of your work on this post is good, and hope to see moor."

I will probably be done with my mini sandbox game.

Could i use your weapons for it?
That would be nice, but if not i will see if i can create my own

Quote: "could you post some pics of your guitar hero and war zone games, it would be nice to see what your working on. "

Well, i dont feel ready for that yet.
But dont worry, they both look nice

Hopefully i will be able to release a beta of my guitar game in less than 2 weeks

And for my warzone game, its really nice but i think i will have to rename it as there is a previous game with that name XD

Quote: "but I would not like to take you away from your mane project,the guitar hero game sound like it would be fun, but this is only for a mouth, and just think what you could make in that time, you may even find something more to add to your mane projects, by doing this side project."

I will not let go on those 2 games, and i think i wont need to put so much work onto Sandbox because i have made a previous version of it

Quote: "I`m using it as my 3rd weapon for telekinesis and holding my guns, using my ray casting post, I`v made a fire system for the telekinesis objects, so that a crate/weapon/ammo/rook can be herald at an NPC of which would gain damage from the attack."

That sounds really nice
You will probably beat me

sindore
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Jun 2008 17:31 Edited at: 1st Jun 2008 17:37
Quote: " His "

sorry I din`t wont to upset you buy saying just him or her, I`m guessing your a him?

Quote: " Could i use your weapons for it? "

bergice your more than welcome to use them, so is every one else just give me some credit in you code or on your credits, it would be nice if you could add the guns names to.

Quote: " That sounds really nice, You will probably beat me "

Don`t worry I`m not jugging my self in this challenge, I think that would be a bit unfair, thats why I`m not entering the challenge, I`m just adding to it as a freebie for all, call it an incentive for you to posting a fps game entry.

ever step of the way I will add little bits of my FPS game
as well as an NPC that dose not use DarkAI, and will work a bit better with Dark Physics, be`cos I`m moding an old AI I made in DBpro that I was working on some year ago, before I got dark ai and dark physics, thats if all go`s to plan.

bergice
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Jun 2008 18:43
Thanks

I just come up with another idea.

A FPS where you run around in a maze with those awesome weapons you made and kill enemies

Then you come to the boss

sindore
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Jun 2008 16:27
sounds good bergice, what type of bullets are you going to use? physic bullets or just a basic object? if you are going to use physic bullets I can offer a firing system.

here is one link I posted to, you will find a firing system that I made that allows you to govern how fast the bullet is fired, by pressing the space bar
it looks like this (if spacekey()=1 then speed#=speed#+1)

http://forum.thegamecreators.com/?m=forum_view&t=125961&b=30

you will need to down load an image, and place it in the same folder that you save the program to.

hope you like the texture.

bergice what type of boss are you going for? will he be able to come for you, or will he be a wall mounted gun platform type thing? or maybe a tank, or guy in a car/truck? sounds like a good idea.

I`m going for a death match type game, with a kill total of 50 points, I intended to make a net game out of it at some point, but not for this challenge, I will do that bit later on, but I may still post it here when I do so.

I`m going to making a level out of limbs, like I did with the guns, be`cos I think that it will work out for the best and I don`t have to make a tone of static ridged bodys, I can just make a static dynamic body instead, that may take some time to make, but it will be done for the challenge, and I will post the level like I did with the guns and texture, and any one can use it in there games to.

just 24 days to go on this challenge, it can still can be done

bergice
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Jun 2008 13:17 Edited at: 3rd Jun 2008 13:19
This looks nice, i will probably drop the sandbox and go on with the maze labyrinth shooter idea instead

[EDIT]

And i just came up with a cool idea:

Shooting bullets through thin walls

You can shoot bullets as normally but not set it to stop on collision but "dec speed#,?#" then also check if speed# is less than or equal to 0.0 and if it is, it will stop

That way you have your own system of shooting through objects

bergice
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Jun 2008 16:34
I will be gone for 5 days because of a trip with my class.

Leaving about now, cya!

MickeyIII
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Jun 2008 01:49 Edited at: 5th Jun 2008 02:01
Hey, finally some motivation to stick with 1 project, preferably physics and AI...I hope I can actually finnish this time, as I'm busy with other things in Life as well...Mostly my Job at a reception center. At least I'm out of school now, won't start College 'till the Fall.

Any way, Sindore, Bergice, I accept this challenge and hope others will join as well...looks like fun. Just one question...is it allright to ask for help from NON-Contestants, such as you Sindore, seeing as you're the judge, I struggle with physics...Dark AI is an odd ball, but is still pretty cool if I could get the hang of it. If no, I'll suck it up, look at examples on other threads without posting a message, and try my hardest...

Hopefully I can come up with something.

Edit: @Bergice...Technically, what you did with the sound, is exactly againts the rules of this challenge. It's not really built in if you load it like that...BUT.........................
If you really want to add sound to your game within the rules, create them using memblocks. Do a search for Create Sound, and I think that will give you the posts by Ric that I'm thinking of...
MickeyIII
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Jun 2008 02:54 Edited at: 5th Jun 2008 02:56
I've actually got a few more questions...

Seeing as we only have about a month, well...now 24 days, how extensive does this have to be? Do you want a menu system as well? How do you plan on scoring this? By the way, for an FPS game, technically, even without a menu or extensive gameplay or effects, for a challenge this could take 2 months or more...unless you just want some level with a few boxes on a terrain, a player, enemy, some ammo, and one or a couple of guns.

But if I'm seeing this correctly, you said in your first post that these games could be publicly announced...That's IMPOSSIBLE with NO-MEDIA, much less only a month to make it. Or even two. This could take a year for just ONE PERSON to make.

If you REALLY want to challenge people, I would see if you could turn this into an extensive community project, and see where it goes from there...don't look so far into the future of some great Media-Less FPS game, which, like I said for the one you might be wanting, that's going to get nowhere because you haven't started on ground zero...I'm sorry to be negative about it, but those are my suggestions for this and I'm only trying to help. I believe there are numerous people who would agree with me judging from other posts I've seen regarding challenges, or "I want to make an MMOFPSMMORPG" and then they can't get it off the ground. Go ahead, dream BIG, but in order to get there, I'm sure almost anyone can, perform a self-reality check, and start small, progressing further and further, and pretty soon, you'll meet your goal, or possibly find out how to acheive more...So what do ya say, Sindore/Bergice? How about extending the deadline and simplifying it, or going with a Dark AIDark Physics Community Project for an ongoing, ever growing FPS game? I like Community Projects myself, but it's really up to Sindore to decide. Oh, and I would start a new thread if you go with a Community Project, because people might get confused when they read..."Physics and AI - Challenge"

Enough said on my part...

MickeyIII

Edit: If someone disagrees, feel free to say so, and I'll back off...
sindore
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Jun 2008 18:18
hay MickeyIII, I like your way of thinking, and will give you any help you wont/or what I can offer.

on the challenge point of view, the deadline will be extended if every one who enters wonts me to, I will put it to a vote, I give a week to any one how wonts a vote to say so, then I`ll put it to a vote, I will also include in the vote, a chose of finishing times so that you can all choose what the deadline is, now I`m going to chop my own head off, lol, for saying that.

MickeyIII If you wont to add a menu or what ever you wont then do so, just remember the more you add the more time it will take.

fx like particles you could use, dbpro or dphysic ones that are free of media.

as to is anything else you come up with just as long as it has no loaded media in your game.

The medials game is so that when you add your code to the post, every one can run it.

I would love this to become a community project, but lets get this challenge out of the way 1st, and am more then willing to sher any of my work with this community to, and would like it if ever one felt the same.

As for my judgment and the publicly announced games this is a public place, and I`m just judging it for game-play looks and anything else that caches my eye, and what I think a games company would look out for in a demo from an applicant, and if I like them that much, I may contact a games company for who ever wins, but only if they wish it, but I`m not promising anything.

sindore
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Jun 2008 19:01 Edited at: 14th Jun 2008 18:25
I have an alternative idea, which may be more to every ones liking, how about doing this a simple FPS game for the 1st challenge, but an over all FPS challenge for the more hard core coders, which means that you have to make a smaller game to enter the hardcore FPS challenge, and who ever wins the hardcore FPS challenge get to pick the next small challenge, which will lead to the next hardcore challenge.

MickeyIII
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Jun 2008 00:12
Ok, Sindore, that's more like it...I'm in then!

Oh, and one more thing...what if, like in the original DBPro Challenges, I could have more than one code boxes,each with a different program, for example, a level editor AND the FPS Physics Game...and MAYBE a Weapon Editor...then everybody can still play the game without downloading media. Just Copy and Paste the Code for the Editors, and the Game itself, and then for the Levels and Models, I'll post the file data from Notepad, which everyone with Windows has, and put it into a code box. Then they take the Level Data from or Weapon Model Data from my posted code box, and paste it into word pad, save it as the weapon name that I say to name it as above the code box I post, and put it in the correct directory reletive to the directory the Game it's in. And even with all that...THERE'S NO MEDIA TO DOWNLOAD!

But if not, again, I'll back off...

Mickey III
sindore
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Jun 2008 21:43
MickeyIII no direct x or other model file formats, be`cos this is a no media challenge. even though you could post them as text files it would still be media.

however fell free to post a download with a media version of your game if you wont, but this will not be judged in the challenge.

keep a media free version of you game to post as an entry to the FPS challenge.

feel free to post photos of your games to.

add texture and model that have bin coded in darkbasic pro to help others to, get some brownie points.

MickeyIII
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Jun 2008 22:25
I didn't mean to model something in DirectX...I meant, in a way, code my own format using the file commands, that's what the original DBPro Challenges allow, and, it's really not EXTERNAL Media, Just INTERNAL. You said no EXTERNAL media. If you didn't mean that, just say so.

This is your challenge, so do what you want, it's just that more people will enter if you try to expand what you can do...not constrict it, if you know what I mean...
bergice
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Jun 2008 01:00
After 5 days of England i am finally back

I will see if i can put something together soon on the maze fps idea

But now i am going to bed

MickeyIII
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Jun 2008 03:19
Ok, I finally got a question related to the game creating process itself, NOT RELATED AT ALL TO THE CHALLENGE RULES...I'll just do my best with what ever you decide on that.

I will do a search after I post this, but for the actual player, enemy, friendly, etc...models, how do I skin the limbs with a mesh, like using memblocks to create the mesh, and then deform it using the object vertex commands by positioning the vertices to where they wrap around the limbs and are deformed when the limbs move.

I'm sure there are several ways to do this, but for a medialess challenge, I'm not sure how to do it efficiently, or timely. I need help. I might post on another thread or create my own AFTER I do a search.

Oh...and I think the term I'm thinking of is called Skinning. Like in Blender where you rig a mesh with Armetures, only in DBPro, and using limbs instead of armetures.

Thanks,

MickeyIII
sindore
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Jun 2008 22:02 Edited at: 10th Jun 2008 22:28
MickeyIII yes if the model is coded then do it, once its run it makes and saves the model thats fine to.

look at my red man code for deformation for limbs, but if your talking about a skin on top of your limbs I haven't got a clue.

bergice good 2 see your back, where in England did you go?
was it to London by any chance?

have a good kip mate.

just added some new stuff to my media bit on this post to.

sindore
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Jun 2008 18:51 Edited at: 16th Jun 2008 01:49
here is a test peace I made for this challenge.

heres an image of it.

just an image of the update for my test.

here is the updated code.

HowDo
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Jun 2008 19:21
hey very good sindore,

only one thing, I'm think them creates should they not break, or some parts on the building break off when they are hit.

Dark Physics makes any hot drink go cold.
bergice
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Jun 2008 20:18
LOL, now i have come with another idea and i will go for that one.

Its a kind of a sandbox like the first one, but better.
It will only be missions and no creation of objects.
The first mission is an indiana jones inspired mission where you will have to run away from a huge rock inside a cave

sindore
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Jun 2008 21:18
HowDo its just a test peace to see if buildings handling the collision properly, did you like the building?

I still have so much to do, with only just 14 days to go, I wont have time to make crumbling buildings and breaking crates,this will come after this challenge, on a Community Project maybe.

bergice are you going to have time to make it?
are you going to be dropping your maze labyrinth shooter? that maze game sounded like a good game idea.

could you not just combined the two ideas?

bergice
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Jun 2008 17:33
Yeh, i could but i would need more time.

sindore
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Jun 2008 18:19
by the way things are going I`m going 2 need more time for this to.

bergice how much time do you need to finish?

MickeyIII how much time do you need to finish?

any one else, if you need more time just say, I think the only way we are going to get this done is to be flexible about the time it will take.

bergice
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Jun 2008 19:30
Need about 30 days max

sindore
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Jun 2008 14:41 Edited at: 15th Jun 2008 21:14
ok so lets say 42 days so that we have time to finish are work + make any mods we need to make to are project.

HowDo has posted a fix for the help file on darkbasic for the physics help files, making them aper on the help contents.

her is a link.
http://forum.thegamecreators.com/?m=forum_view&t=131511&b=30

bergice
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Jun 2008 14:54
Nice, i will see if i can cook something up

Programming Recorder: 3,0 months of dark basic
٩(●̮̮̃•&#771۶
sindore
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Jun 2008 01:19
MickeyIII will this time change be ok for you to?

MickeyIII
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Jun 2008 01:55
That sounds great. Oh, by the way, the latest DP update and Ageia Drivers will allow you to use ALL PhysX commands in software mode. But may ye be warned: Things like fluid WILL, not might, WILL slow down your game if you don't have a PPU. Maybe not as much for a high end PC like a duel core or a REALY GOOD Pentium 4...but for PCs like my Pentium III ~1.0Ghz with 384 MB of RAM and Creative Sound Blaster Audigy Gamer, which I can't seem to set up very well with surround sound now that I have XP Home instead of 98, even with updated drivers, and an ATI Radeon 9800 Pro AGP 4x/8x video card with, I think, 128 MB of Video Memory, as apposed to my old nVidia Geforce 2 vidio card with 32 MB of vidio memory, again, I think. Point is, use at your own risk, and I may have those updates, but until I get a better PC or a New PPU, I'm not using those commands.

I will post what code I have shortly, and again, 42 days sounds fine...

Mickey III
sindore
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Jun 2008 02:05
here is a pic of the bridge I made.

here is a bridge I built to hook up my two towers.

sindore
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Jun 2008 02:11 Edited at: 16th Jun 2008 02:12
MickeyIII are you talking about v1.4?
if so have you tryed the soft bodys?

thats if it works on your system.

MickeyIII
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Jun 2008 04:08
No...What are Soft Bodies. I'll look it up...Yes I'm talking about 1.4.
MickeyIII
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Jun 2008 04:11 Edited at: 21st Jun 2008 18:58
Now that I ran the Frog Demo for Soft Bodies, Yes, it works, and I now have a littlebit of an idea of what soft bodies are, not sure still of what exactly it does, but I can see great potential...

Thanks for opening my mind to something new...

MickeyIII

Edit: Sorry, but I hereby withdraw my self from this challenge as it is too difficult and requires too much experience with coding on my part. At least this inspired me to code more often.

Thanks,

MickeyIII
sindore
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Jun 2008 16:52 Edited at: 26th Jun 2008 03:36
ok MickeyIII sorry to lose you.

sorry I haven't posted for some time but I have not had accesses to the internet, my laptop is on the blink.

Edit

I got my internet working on my laptop again wahoooo!

sindore
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Jul 2008 00:24
I`m almost done making my player control, will post it soon.

sindore
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Jul 2008 20:19
I know I not done with cc, I`ll post as soon as I`m done

sindore
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Aug 2008 23:36
@ bergice

by the way you won the FPS challenge!

no one else enter be-cos of the Nvidea comp.
and you sandbox was the only thing on my post.

I have still yet to post my cc, of witch is going well, but is put on the back berner for a bit.

have bin working on a menu sistem and game engen, physic comes latter.

bergice
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Aug 2008 13:20
Wow, i cant believe it!

I won!

There wasnt that much of a challenge and i have been busy lately with other projects so i didnt work much on this

sindore
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Aug 2008 23:32
@ bergice
sorry about this I wish it could of bin more of a win for you.

however the next challenge is up to you if you wont it, if you dont post a new challenge within a two week I`ll set a new one.

I will edit the 1st page of this post to include your challenge info.

just one thing don`t froget no media

thank for you entery.

bergice
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Aug 2008 15:09
Ok, new challenge is about to start

This time it will be...

!*****RUBE GOLDBERG CHALLENGE*****!

If you dont know what a rube goldberg machine is then: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1kvdq8cRNBM

This will be built wil Dark Physics.

Try to be creative and take advantage of cloth, joints, and other things to make the best rube goldberg

Remember NO MEDIA.

Have fun and remember, this doesnt have to be the best, so dont work too much on it

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-18 05:32:12
Your offset time is: 2024-05-18 05:32:12