Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

2D All the way! / Scraggles Bitmap Fonts - New Additions!

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Jul 2008 10:19 Edited at: 30th Jul 2008 10:34
My website has recent;y moved from scraggle.net to TheCodeBrewers.com and in doing so, I have updated some of the content.

The previous fonts were available in packs (1-4) but now they can be downloaded individually. There are two main reasons for this: (1) it saves bandwidth (yours and mine) and (2) It allows me to see which fonts are the most popular and base any new additions around that style/size.

In addition to the updated format of the old fonts there are now several new ones which you can download and use free of charge. The images are below, click on my banner sig or here to go to my site and download them.

wildbill
Years of Service
User Offline
Thanks again, just when and downloaded some fonts.
The fonts page on your web site seems to be spread out over several screens horizontally. Don't know if thats what you intended or just the way it shows up in my browser (IE).
Scraggle
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 31st Jul 2008 10:04
No, that wasn't intended.

I tried it on Firefox2.0 & 3.0 and I tried it on Safari (Tiger and Leopard) and it works fine. I didn't try it on IE though. I have now and I see that it fails in both IE6 and IE7.
I'll take a look at it over the weekend and try to come up with a workaround for IE. Personally I hate it but a lot (most looking at my web stats) of people use it. So, I need to get it looking correct on it.

BatVink
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 31st Jul 2008 15:45
Some nice new fonts there I like the Rubber Tyres (could be useful for me ) ... and you spelt "Tyres" correctly!

Final Epsilon
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Aug 2008 04:22
wow! Thanks for the new fonts scraggle! Out of the new ones, I like Blue Fun the best.

This'll be a great help in my projects.
Bad Monkey
Years of Service
User Offline
THese are really cool. And I love your bitmap fonts functions too. I had a question, what does the last kernel do in your alterBMFont() function?

alterBMfont( winOrLoseGameId, screen width()/2, 200, "Final Score:", spriteScoreLevelFont, -1 )

Visit my website:
http://www.artistsareus.com
Scraggle
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Oct 2008 22:14
It is the distance apart that the characters are displayed.

Glad you can make use of them

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-03 02:18:53
Your offset time is: 2024-05-03 02:18:53