Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Work In Progress / [LOCKED] Demon Sun: Pre Release V1 Thread

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Coz great work man. By the way on your motherboard try replacing the battery on it. I know it only goes dead once every 30 years but replace it. That is what was wrong with mine. Anyhow your game was really good enviroment was realistic and scary. I love the background music, I was scared to turn my sound back on when I heard the music. The characters were pretty good. Only a few things that kind of bothered me. In a few places it was a bit too dark like when I was going in a turn I couldn't see where I was really going. Other than that I hope you do great with the game.

p.s. The gun on the table try getting it closer to the edge I had to jump up on table to get it. lol and I loved the ending with the dead guy cut in half I was scared half to death.
creator of zombies
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Jan 2009 19:45
@ASTEK: I just just whatched It, thanks for the awesome review!. I have already mentioned the collision (in my earlier post) is down to FPSC's crappy collision, and all your other comments have been noted, and all the issues have ben fixed. Thanks for the input!

@marc steene: Im so sorry mate. I just read back over your original question (must of slid by me). In nswer, yes both shaders do work. The gloss shader is seen on most of the doors in the demo (I will probably cut that down), and the relief mapping can be seen on the two crates that where placed in the first room (Btw, I perposely placed them there ust to showcase that shader, I know they are out of place), and on the characters.

@Indie Dude: Glad you enjoyed it mate, and yuor gun on table issue has already been fixed. As regards to the motherboard, this is deffo a blowout, it died quickly!, and boting without the Ram didnt cause any POST beebs either so The motherboard is not responding to any problems.

In other news, my motherboard is arriving tomorrow, and my case later in the week I should think

Stay Tuned

CoZ

Indy Dude
Years of Service
User Offline
How many motherboards 3. wow.
Robert F
User Banned
Posted: 6th Jan 2009 22:56 Edited at: 7th Jan 2009 04:17
Alright well here we go! Just got finished playing. I think I will do a review.

Graphics -

Pretty good. I loved the wall textures. A few things I didn't like though. First, the blood splat, come on, to me it looks like somebody poured ketchup on my face. It could have at least been darker. Second, the White door didn't look good at all to me. It looked like your using 256x256 textures on it. It was a little overused to.

7/10

Sound -

The Sound was fairly decent as well. The only thing I didn't like about it was the creature in the cut scenes. It sounded like a gremlin or something... lol Other than the Gremlin perfect.

9/10

Game play -

Probably the most important category right here. Game play was good, though at one point where I was going up some stairs my frame rate dropped between 0-1. I also had a spot where I was walking down the stairs and I had to duck because there was a pipe in my way. I don't think you were meaning it to be like that, so I had to mark you down for it. So when I was going down I just jumped down them. You did a really good job on this category for this being an Fps Creator game. From the gun effects to the Camera effects it was pretty good! I want those Camera effects by the way!

8.5/10

Final Score -

8/10

Edit: What do you make your textures with? like the wall texture?

Marc Steene
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Jan 2009 09:03
Those two crates are great, they have flat surfaces right? If so, I couldn't tell, they look bumped

Migration Discussion Thread: http://forum.thegamecreators.com/?m=forum_view&t=142497&b=21
Piracy Discussion Thread:
http://forum.thegamecreators.com/?m=forum_view&t=142774&b=21
SikaSina Games
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Jan 2009 12:14
They have flat surfaces, but CoZ probably used a transparent normal shader to make a relief-enabled map.

-FCV

Juzi
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Jan 2009 15:02
Ok I played the game since I'm a fan of horror games and here's my review:

Graphics

They were pretty good. Only bad thing I have to say about the graphics is that you over-used the same texture a bit. But other than that, very good. (I especially liked the shaders).

Horror

You did a pretty good job with this. I don't get scared easily, but I'm sure that your horror effects are.. effective to a "normal" person . I actually jumped at one point when the... no. I won't tell. Play the game yourself, hehe.

The sounds were pretty nice and atmospheric. Only downside was that the background sound was a bit repetitive. You could make that sample a bit longer in my opinion. Also the background sound was not.. how do I say this. Seamless? It has a tiny little break after it starts again.

Story

There isn't much to say about the story but you could add a little more readable things in my opinion. I only spotted one. Are there more?

Bugs, framerate and such

The framerate was pretty good on my rig but in some points the game totally froze up. (Like in that staircase that Paul mentioned)

I didn't find much bugs but one "bug" was that I had to crouch in some stairways.

The controls were OK, but not perfect. Why the heck is the action key "enter"? It's pretty annoying to move your hand away from mouse to push enter. You could easily remove the door texts, or make new ones and change the action key to an F for example.

Overall

It was pretty good. The second best horror FPSC game I've played (Parasite Quarantine being number one). It just needs a little polishing and I'm sure it will be something big, very big.

I give this game a 8/10

creator of zombies
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Jan 2009 18:37
Thanks for review Juzi!. I have fixed all of the problems mentioned and altered alot of the demo as requested, So it's all ALOT! different now, SO hopefully I have hit the mark dead on. I now consider (and also when I released this demo) that It is sub-ordinate work by my standard, and I am aware that I can do alot better!

CoZ

ASTECH
Years of Service
User Offline
Parasite Quarantine... oh yes... Do I REMEMBER THAT ONE.
I vote that number one as well. (Sorry Josh)
I insist that you check that out if you haven't Josh.
I worked with Ehetyz for a good while with you being gone
and I got to see some inside stuff that really impressed me.
I also helped design a level that, ultimately got erased on my pc,
but we had something going for a while. Great guy. Good fun.

I can say that your game is next on my list Josh!
Keep working and you can polish it up real nice!

Astek

-Indestructible-

creator of zombies
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Jan 2009 21:10 Edited at: 9th Jan 2009 21:10
Okay Guys!, Im re-building my comp tomorrow, so I shold then be all back u pand running again

@MODS: Please Move this thread to the FPSC Showcase board. It has seeral complete demo's (posted earlier in this thread)

Thanks!

Stay Tuned

CoZ

Robert F
User Banned
Posted: 11th Jan 2009 17:36
I think you should just make a thread. That way you can make it look more professional. People will be complaining if they can't find the demo.

creator of zombies
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Jan 2009 21:21
Okay Robert F!

Mods Please Lock this thread, I am going to create a final more professional thread in the FPSC Showcase.

CoZ

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-17 05:41:58
Your offset time is: 2024-05-17 05:41:58