Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Work In Progress / Hardcore Zombie Game "Hide And Seek" First Preview

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Jan 2009 22:53 Edited at: 22nd Jan 2009 09:15
EDIT: IMPORTANT - HERE IS THE THREAD WITH FULL GAME DOWNLOAD LINK: http://forum.thegamecreators.com/?m=forum_view&t=143866&b=35

EDIT: link at bottom of this post - can someone upload it somewhere without a limit please thankyou, please do so quickly

I Havn't Got A Good Name For The Game Yet But Heres The First Preview (Attatched)

Thinking Of calling it Hide And Seek, the Game Is Still In Progress As You Can See In the Picture.

Alot Of The Custom Media Is Downloaded From Cosmic Profit Community Utility Models.

And I Only Textured the Wood Into A Road, And Random Little Things That Stuck Out.

Its Basicly A Huge City With Loads Of Zombies Chasing You And Trying To Kill You.
You Spawn In The City With A Gun And Then Zombies From all Over The Map From Huge Distances Will Come And Try to Beat You To Death With Their Fists.

Once They Are All Dead The Next Level Progresses.
Each Level Has More Zombies As You Progress Through The Game.
So Its Same Map In Each Level Exept More Deadly zombies Added As You Progress And Spawn With Extra Guns And Ammo Although There Are Secret Guns Around The Level, a Sniper Is hidden On A Rooftop And The Rest Will Remain Untold.

They Can see From The Other Side Of Map With Modified Propeties So Running And Hiding Behind A Segmant Wont Help You he he

I'm Still Working On The First Level And Also I'm Adding Some Features

So I'm Thinking Around 2-3 Levels Of Hardcore Fun, The Levels Are Quite Big And I Had Too Separate them cos Of Lag.

Therefor I Will Only Include 3 Levels

i've rebuilt the demo again and removed 3 of the main buildings.
i am setting the download link now : (currently uploading&will take all night)

Attachments

Login to view attachments
Rob John B 95
Years of Service
User Offline
Now Finished It Completely - heres a pic from southern end of map.
Possibly Selling To TGC Store For £5-10.

I'm not sure if i should release a demo - cos im pretty tired at moment and took me ages to get these pics.

i might make a video tomorrow or next week.

cheers

Butt monkey
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Jan 2009 00:07
If you are planning on selling the game a demo will almost certainly be necessary. No one is going to consider buying this game without testing it for lag etc.
Rob John B 95
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "If you are planning on selling the game a demo will almost certainly be necessary. No one is going to consider buying this game without testing it for lag etc. "

yes i suppose your right, i'll get to it at some point, a little busy at moment in the real world - thanks for letting me know

my background pic :

Rob John B 95
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Jan 2009 00:16 Edited at: 22nd Jan 2009 00:26
currently building the demo.
to be honest i only included level 1 and therefor miss out alot of stuff but i really think there should be some limits as its a demo.
as i mentioned there will only be a small amount of zombies in level one, so dont complain over the demo limitations.
i think there are between 20 - 30 in final level and its lag free on my machine.

im using geforce 9200 gt i think...its the 9+ series anyway.
Rob John B 95
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Jan 2009 00:27 Edited at: 22nd Jan 2009 00:28
i've rebuilt the demo again and removed 3 of the main buildings.
i am setting the download link now : (currently uploading)
please regester free at esnips and download.
Paul112
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Jan 2009 00:27
Quote: "And I Only Textured the Wood Into A Road, And Random Little Things That Stuck Out."

And you want to make £5-10 profit on something you posted about and finished in a day? Be serious please, very few people would even buy something that seems this rushed, let alone for the price of some professional games.

You'd need to do most of the work yourself, and do it especially well for me to part with £10. It looks like it would lag terribly.

What are your specs and what framerates are you getting?

Paul

Robert F
User Banned
Posted: 22nd Jan 2009 00:33
Alright, someone has to tell the truth, alright I hope you dont take this the wrong way. Its not really worth $10 from what it looks like. You can't just build a game and sell it. You need to practice practice practice. I have been making games for about 2 years now, its not long I know but I am not even close to selling a game. I was the same as you when I started making games. Your best option would be to start making games for free, and start making your own media and models. Thats the best way to get a game sold is to use your own media.

Anyway good luck, you can put it for sale if you want and if you get a sale, that's good for you.

Rob John B 95
Years of Service
User Offline
can someone upload it somewhere without a limit please thankyou, please do so quickly
Rob John B 95
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "Alright, someone has to tell the truth, alright I hope you dont take this the wrong way. Its not really worth $10 from what it looks like. You can't just build a game and sell it. You need to practice practice practice. I have been making games for about 2 years now, its not long I know but I am not even close to selling a game. I was the same as you when I started making games. Your best option would be to start making games for free, and start making your own media and models. Thats the best way to get a game sold is to use your own media.

Anyway good luck, you can put it for sale if you want and if you get a sale, that's good for you.
"

yes but this is probably one of the best zombie ones i've seen in half a year now on fpsc.
Rob John B 95
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "And you want to make £5-10 profit on something you posted about and finished in a day? Be serious please, very few people would even buy something that seems this rushed, let alone for the price of some professional games.

You'd need to do most of the work yourself, and do it especially well for me to part with £10. It looks like it would lag terribly.

What are your specs and what framerates are you getting?

Paul"

no it does not lag on my machine, i'm x10 user of fpsc and this is an x10 game, it took me 2 days and its mainly to mess on, i never said it was professional but i got to say its best of the zombie games i've seen for a year now
Rob John B 95
Years of Service
User Offline
After all the fuss im giving this game out free,

i will post in the finished porjects showcase forum when i have uploaded full game.
ASTECH
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "its best of the zombie games i've seen for a year now"

You haven't played HCZ then, eh?

Astek

-Indestructible-

Rob John B 95
Years of Service
User Offline
hcz is not the kind of urban zombie chase im into, its a little dull
Ehetyz
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Jan 2009 11:35 Edited at: 22nd Jan 2009 11:35

Uhh... This is so not cool... I don't know where to start...

The screens, for one. It really doesn't look like X10. There are no X10 effects on use whatsoever, in fact, it looks like a low quality X9 V1 game.
The ambience is way too high. If it weren't for the streetlights in the park screen, I would've thought there's no lighting whatsoever. The level design looks dull and unrealistic (you can see where the grid ends, for chrissakes!)

Usually don't post negative comments on games; yours is an exception, however, since you're advertising your game as "hardcore zombie game", and " best of the zombie games [you've] seen for a year now ". I just don't think it's cool, especially given the quality shown in your screenshots.

I don't mean to start a flame war. I actually like the basic idea of the game, it has a nice old-school/arcade vibe to it. Just... Spend more time working on it and less time making comparisons.

Butt monkey
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Jan 2009 19:11 Edited at: 22nd Jan 2009 19:22
Quote: "yes but this is probably one of the best zombie ones i've seen in half a year now on fpsc. "

How on earth do you justify that yours is the best? Because you find horror zombie games a bit dull? Well this one certainly isn't seeing as the ambience is cranked up so high...

I'll be downloading this and giving it a review...
Juzi
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Jan 2009 19:16
You're saying that your game is the best, and Ehetyz's HCZ is dull? No offense, but I see a fatal contradiction here

Seth Black
FPSC Reloaded TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Jan 2009 18:12
Quote: "You're saying that your game is the best, and Ehetyz's HCZ is dull? No offense, but I see a fatal contradiction here"

...yep.

Kinda like comparing the original Pitfall with Tomb Raider...

creator of zombies
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Jan 2009 22:45
Quote: "yes but this is probably one of the best zombie ones i've seen in half a year now on fpsc"

Urm....Dude..No. There are plently of guy's around here who would take you to the cleaners, Rinse you out and hang you out to dry after a cold cycle concerning horror games (Me Included)

Yours

CoZ

Shadow Blade
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Jan 2009 14:27 Edited at: 24th Jan 2009 14:28
Ehetyz , I think your getting a bit worked up about this.

Yeah this guy is arrogant. Infact let me show you an example of his arrogance. Its like this; say he releases this game, so its:

Hide and Seek by Rob John B 95

and then a quatation on the front:
"The Best Zombie Game in Months" - Rob John B 95

That just doesn't work. at all. Full Stop(period).

To Rob Jogn B 95
You have no right to dismiss alother games in favour of yours when no one else has even given you one single good comment. Go to Ehetyz' thread and see all the good comments and amazing screens with mass amounts of work gone into them, and compare it with yours. You even sink so low as to steal his title (Hardcore Zombie Game) and dismiss his game as dull. If I (or most over people in this forum) saw both yours games in a store for £10 we'd all choose Ehetyz'.

To Ehetyz and everyone:
We really don't need to get worked up about this, so this guy is a little stuck up and arrogant, but we all know when it comes down to it he's got nothing on Ehetyz game or most over horror titles on this forum.

Cheers, Shadow Blade

Toasty Fresh
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Jan 2009 06:44
Quote: "We really don't need to get worked up about this, so this guy is a little stuck up and arrogant, but we all know when it comes down to it he's got nothing on Ehetyz game or most over horror titles on this forum."

I disagree. This guy is starting to get on my nerves a little, especially after his Aiko 'retexture'.

Off topic; SB, is your avatar from Death Note? If so, you're awesome.
Shadow Blade
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Jan 2009 09:49
Quote: "I disagree. This guy is starting to get on my nerves a little, especially after his Aiko 'retexture'. "

I just went and saw that thread, some people just can't listen. What I'm saying though is that when it comes down to it, we have nothing to worry about.

Quote: "Off topic; SB, is your avatar from Death Note? If so, you're awesome. "

Indeed, I'm a fan of both the Anime and Manga. The picture is Light with a sythe and Ryuk behind him.

Cheers, Shadow Blade

CoffeeGrunt
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Jan 2009 14:09
Rofl...

He really thinks this is better than HCZ?

TBH, if you'd been less arrogant, and more polite, I'd've given you some pointers ad advice for improvement...but I don't think I willl now, because anyway:

Quote: "its best of the zombie games i've seen for a year now "

"Give a man a fish, and he'll eat for a day. Give a man a fishing rod, and he'll break it up into firewood...or swap it for a fish."
-Frankie Boyle, on Mock the Week
twitch tweak
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Jan 2009 20:06
Heh.. The best? C'mon seriously? HCZ tears this excuse for a game up.. I mean Trait 17 isnt really much right now, but mine manages to actually look scary.. The lighting is terrible, and the way your saying the game will play out will make it way to repetitive...

Nickydude
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Jan 2009 21:27
We all realize that this isn't the 'best' zombie game out there, let's not start an argument about it ey guys?

djmaster
User Banned
Posted: 27th Jan 2009 13:12 Edited at: 27th Jan 2009 13:16
"yes but this is probably one of the best zombie ones i've seen in half a year now on fpsc"

what about mines(When Infected Attack)? its same shoot and run from zombies and stuff and mine looks better than your beacause i spent more time on it so dont say this

and if the game is just about running around,collecting guns and shooting zombies,it will be history in a few days beacause this gets very boring after you go over the whole map once

Current FPSC Projects:
When Zombies Attack-20% (ON HOLD)
Doomsday RPG-5%
Zdrok
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Jan 2009 18:50
Isn't that what Final Doom was? It's gone from strength to strength now, has it?

In this case, zombies = soldiers, imps, fireballs, those weird, running, snorting things and then some.

Kola
Semi-covert ops in north Russia
TBA 2009

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-17 22:17:16
Your offset time is: 2024-05-17 22:17:16