Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Work In Progress / [X9] Acid Factory

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Jan 2009 00:49 Edited at: 30th Jan 2009 00:53
Description:
While working on 'Guru', my interactive level design tutorials, I decided it would be a good idea to make a scary level to teach people how to use lighting, sound and scare tactics in their games. Fortunately, a horror level design contest was announced just after. I worked for over a month on this but was cruelly denied the final build by FPSC, who didn't like it for some unknown reason. All attempts to salvage it and continue it (like, actually add a commentary as was intended) were unsuccessful. So, here is the most complete version of the level...with a few features missing. I will not be able to redesign, or alter this level.

Story:
You are Private Jason O'Niell, part of an unnamed peace-keeping, law-enforcing squad. As point man, you are sent on a recon mission after reports that a renegade scientist, Dr Hector Armstrong, has taken over a sub-terrainean acid production facility on the outskirts of the city.

His intentions are unknown, but he and his team are presumed dangerous and caution must be exercised. If possible, Dr Armstrong must be captured alive if for no other reason than to find out why he led an armed assault on the facility.

FPSC Version:
Un-modded V1.13

Screenshots:

Download:
http://files.filefront.com/install+acid+factoryexe/;13136127;/fileinfo.html

Credits:
Avenging Eagle - Level design, lighting, music, voice-actor
Jorn Lavoll - Additional stingers
Bond1 - Hazmat character (model pack 4)

In time, I will add quotes of your reviews to this post. For now though, enjoy the level!

AE

ZackS28
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Jan 2009 01:07
It looks really good! Too bad you couldn't finish it. Downloading now.

ZackS28
AaronG
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Jan 2009 05:01
Seems kinda bland...

Click above to sign up for the Axifer Designs Dev-Team!
creator of zombies
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Jan 2009 09:20
Quote: "Seems kinda bland."

Hmmm..yeah it does rather,But some Nice touches on the lighting AE. Good Luck in the contest mate

May the best Game Developer Win

-CoZ-

darimc
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Jan 2009 12:58
You guys have to remember that this is a level design tutorial, and lighting. He never said anything about entity placement.

Krowsnest
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 31st Jan 2009 02:02
I don't think it looks bland at all. I'd rather have fewer well placed entities then more cluttered. Really nice work AE

The Cake is a Lie!!!!
muggins majik
Years of Service
User Offline
Thanks Avenging Eagle.
xplosys
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: FPSC Multiplayer Games
Posted: 1st Feb 2009 01:03
I'd love to play this, but of course it's packed with Phoenix, so I can't. I've never had a game packed with Phoenix to play right on any computer I have. I get this error on this game:

Quote: "Illegal Window: FolderView"

I have nothing else running or open.

Shame...

Mr Kohlenstoff
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Feb 2009 01:17
Quote: "You guys have to remember that this is a level design tutorial, and lighting. He never said anything about entity placement."

Well, but Entity-placement is one part of leveldesign, isn't it? However, while I didn't really think the screenshots looked to empty, I didn't really have the feeling that they were scary.. but I'm sure thats because they are still screenshots, and sound-effects are, as you mentioned, an important part for scary atmospheres (ever played FEAR or Left 4 Dead without sound? ).
Since I have similar problems as xplosys (concerning Phoenix), I cannot run the level.. you might think of uploading a video at youtube?

Apple Slicer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Feb 2009 01:32
Thats funny. I get the same error message. Just like with the other file packer with a v...

Till Thy Migration Come...
Defy
FPSC BOTB Developer
VBOTB Developer '09
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Feb 2009 03:55 Edited at: 1st Feb 2009 03:56
Just a Q to the last 3 posters. Do you have the latest Microsoft .NET Framework Version 2.0 Redistributable Package (x86) installed? If so, sorry to hear you are having problems. All the best A_E with your development.
Apple Slicer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Feb 2009 04:17
just checked. i do.

ASTECH
Years of Service
User Offline
I can't play the game either. I have .NET 2.0 and the error comes
when the game is almost done unpacking. It just freezes up and then
fails to loads.

Astek

-Indestructible-

Robert F
User Banned
Posted: 1st Feb 2009 20:40
It does look really good.

Avenging Eagle
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Feb 2009 21:26
Ok, I just checked what I uploaded and it froze on loading for me too. I suspect it was something to do with the animated menu I had going. Unfortunately, I've spend this weekend of some of my more pressing filmmaking projects, and I needed the disk space. As you might be able to guess, one of the first things I deleted was the original built game folder for Acid Factory; this means the only version in existance is the one packed with phoenix...

I thought I'd seen the last of this retched level but no, I guess there was one last sting in the tail.

(now I'm very angry)

I don't know what to do. I could go back and copy/pasta the level and change each entity to static one by one (that's what I did last time), or I could say sod it to the entire project, or I could rebuild the level from scratch.

Tbh, at this current moment in time, I don't want to invest any more time in this failware. I need to go and cool off for bit before I consider using Fail Persistantly Spontaneously Creator again.

AE

Apple Slicer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Feb 2009 22:31
lol. I don't know why those packer things have so many problems.

BTW: The copy and paste thing... There was a way I figured out on how to stop it from changing everything to dynamic...But i dont remember.

Dar13
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Feb 2009 02:40
when you change the mode to arena it turns entities into static but I don't know what will happen when you copy/paste.

I know not with what weapons WWIII will be fought but WWIV will be fought with sticks and stones-Albert Einstein
s4real
VIP Member
Years of Service
User Offline
I can't play the game either, wanted to have a go with this but just crashes.

Best s4real

The Fps Creator rocks!
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Feb 2009 21:46
Link doesn't work! It just goes to http://www.filefront.com

I can't texture. I'm not an artist.
Avenging Eagle
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Mar 2009 02:36
For future reference:
I rebuilt this level from scratch for COZ's horror contest. It can now be played here:
http://forum.thegamecreators.com/?m=forum_view&t=146608&b=35

AE

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-02 11:36:39
Your offset time is: 2024-05-02 11:36:39