Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Work In Progress / [LOCKED] [X9] GunCell (56k Warning)

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Apr 2009 21:47 Edited at: 8th Apr 2009 20:20
Hello everyone. Been pretty bored lately so I decided to start production on a new game I'd like to call GunCell.

This game uses stock weapons and will be inspired by games like DOOM I/II, Half-Life 2, Goldeneye 007, and many other older FPS games.

The premise is simple: there's a mercenary group plotting to destroy the continent's population with a parasitic virus unknown to biologists. This virus is named 'Shell' due to its ability to protect itself with a powerful barrier (this IS the year 2055 after all). You play as a supercommando (think the Combine from HL2) under the alias of Raccoon. You are a lonewolf, capable of lifting heavy weighrs with your integrated gravitational suit. You also have access to powerful weapons (explained later). You must destroy the virus, take down the mercenaries, and save the continent. Get ready to fight...

Weapons:
-Minigun
-Flechette Rifle (assaultrifle)
-Nailgun (python)
-Carbine (tavor)
-RPG
-Grenade
-EBS.I (autoslug)

This game will have a total of 10 levels and a multiplayer portion is currently being decided.

C&C appreciated.
~Private

-Steam ID: AmericanInfantry
-CSS, DODS, & GMod: Friar
Red Eye
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Apr 2009 21:49 Edited at: 6th Apr 2009 21:55
that screenshot isnt showing us much... looks nice... GunCell?

Red Eye - The Game: Work In Progress - W.I.P. Red Eye Productions
Zdrok
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Apr 2009 21:52
Thank you.

The idea behind the name is a mystery even to me. I was just thinking up a name and it hit me.

Still don;t know why I came up with it...

Red Eye
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Apr 2009 21:57 Edited at: 6th Apr 2009 21:57
nice title,,, maybe you thought while playing splinter cell :"I need that gun!!!".... lol

Gears of War
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Apr 2009 21:57
Half Life 2 is not old! Half life 2 is ageless! Good screenshots though.

With these isolated expiriments, we are not only expanding our knowledge on time, we are starting to harness it's potential. Head Reasercher before Expiriment No 52
puppyofkosh
Years of Service
User Offline
I'd lower the ambiance, lower the blue ambiance, make the light less whitish, and maybe put something on top of those crates.

Good luck with this one.
Zdrok
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Apr 2009 22:52
I will lower the ambience and add more scenery, but the lights are like a pinkish, rust color.

Juzi
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Apr 2009 11:40
Yet another project. Seriously, finish it this time.

Story sounds pretty OK, a bit cliché but OK.

Screenshot doesn't show much. Just a pipe, couple of boxes and stock FPSC segments. I suggest to seriously design a very nice looking scene that you can be proud of and then send a screenshot of it. Just my opinion.

Anyway, good luck with this!

Paul112
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Apr 2009 13:04 Edited at: 7th Apr 2009 13:06
Several inconsistancies so far:
-"Parasitic virus" is a bit crazy, either go with parasite or virus. A parasite is a living organism that survives attached to a host, a virus is more a chemical than a living organism, that manipulates genetic information within cells.
-They are plotting to release the virus, which biologists do not know, but they are aware that the terrorist virus has a shell? What, did the terrorists give them a quick guide and lecture on the structure or something?
-You're a brick-pooping, muscled-up supercommando with the scientific ability to destroy a virus unknown to biologists? Does he take a biology night class, or is he a natural?

The screen looks really bland. Please show us something more interesting than model pack pipes and some stock crates.

Paul

Bendak11
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Apr 2009 04:09
What is this, #12 Private? You'll gain back all of my respect if you at least finish this one man.
Zdrok
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Apr 2009 20:20 Edited at: 8th Apr 2009 20:22
Okay, I've got a new screen of the room under the first screen.

The parasites travel throughout sewers and anything else they can attach to. If the parasite is touched by someone, that someone will become infected and die within a few hours.

-e- Due to time restraints, this project will be shortened to two levels. First one will be the screens sohwn. Second, you destroy a boss and the parasite. After this, I am not working on anymore projects until the Migration's out.

Juzi
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Apr 2009 20:25
Okay. I'm not trying to sound harsh but only good thing I can see in that pic is the light color. Really nice, BUT

What is the ceiling light doing in that lid?
Why it's so empty, just a couple of boxes in a corner?

That's all. All I'm trying to say is that try to really put your level design skills to the max and take us a breathtaking sceenshot.

Zdrok
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Apr 2009 20:46
1. I didn't know if that lid would be there or not; I doubt it's not that much of a deal.

2. It's a small room, and you don't have to be tripping over boxes and barrels. And there are barrels under the stairs.

dumpus
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Apr 2009 04:55
I'd really, really suggest adding some custom stuff into the game. As of now, it looks like the typical FPSC game (apologies for sounding harsh). You have great level design skills, I'd like to see them put to use with some custom stuff.

puppyofkosh
Years of Service
User Offline
Yeah, I'd go download some stuff from fps-files or fpsfree, and all the free stuff in the tgc store. That'll probably make your game a bit more interesting.
Butt monkey
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Apr 2009 15:29
The game just looks very plain. There is nothing here that makes me want to play it. If you are going for a very bleak style then atleast tone down the colours on the gun because at the moment it looks very out of place. But yeh, it looks average. Give us some better screens.
Red Eye
Years of Service
User Offline
things i dont like:

- the that shotgun (though it names was autoslug...) it is just to stock (if you make a retexture it would be awesom)

- just add a little more decoration (but remember, everything in game has a reason)

Hope is helped you a little bit

DestroyerHive
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Apr 2009 02:51
I wish there was no time restraint, because two level games just won't do 4 me. Your screens are ok, I wouldn't say they're bad, because after all, it IS a small room

A single drop of water can mean a drained ocean for future generations
Bugsy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Apr 2009 03:53
put more random clutter that the player will see but never interact with. like put little jail-cell like rooms with stuff in them (a bench, a bunch of jail-cell stuff) also, put fake doors so It will give the appearance (sublyminoly) to the player that they are not taking the only route and that is a real building and not a cruedly put together fps level. basically, if there are no badguys in a room, then put a ton of stuff to look at. nice though, like the lighting.
KeithC
Senior Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Apr 2009 13:55
Thread Locked

This thread has been locked for the following reason: Request of Author.

AUP Section 3.17 ...Moderators shall, at their discretion, determine what constitutes a violation of theses terms, along with generally accepted nettiqute standards, and can take action against those who violate these rules.

If you contributed to the reason for locking, you may now find yourself on moderation, or in extreme cases a ban.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-02 05:43:08
Your offset time is: 2024-05-02 05:43:08